Ratings for Dr. Navin V. Barot

I went in for a colonoscopy and ended up in intensive care on a ventilator. The whole experience with this doctor was terrible, I would not recommend him to my worst enemy. The worst of it all was that he never even came to talk to me about what happened during my 6 day stay in the hospital.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

This has to be the most horrible medical experience I have ever witnessed. I accompanied a friend with a severe GI condition. This was to be a follow up appointment for a "treatment plan" he put her on that had not worked. He said he could not help her, and told her she made him "feel stupid" for coming to see him when he can't do anything. She shed a tear, and then he told her to stop she was making HIM feel bad. He went in circles on anything I asked him about, made no sense, was EXTREMELY condescending, said she needed a GI specialist in her area, became offended when we asked for referrals to such, said she needed pain management, asked for that referral then he went back to saying she needed a specialist. He lied about what he had done with her previously, how often she had seen him, and basically made her feel like trash. VERY RUDE (as was his nurse which treated us with NO compassion). An awful, AWFUL human being!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

I found him to be very helpful! I like him and will return. Thank you Dr. Barot and staff!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

Very unhappy with the treatment of this "Doctor". He never even examined me. Just looked at my symptoms and immediately ordered tests, costing over $7000. Tried to ask questions, and he acted like I was stupid. Cancelled tests, made appt with a different doctor at a different practice. Don't waste your time!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

One of the most sincere and personable physicians I have EVER met... And I am a retired nurse of 30 years. He listened and did series of test that he could of sent me to someone else to have done.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Treated me like a child. Didn't like it that I was involved with my therapy or did online research. Dominating and short tempered. Didn't let me finish my sentences. I will not go back for scheduled tests, I am canceling them. How can a doctor treat you if he won't listen to you?

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I have mixed feelings uncomfortable at officer visitfeel like a child...but at hospital was very friendly and procedure went well

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Dr. Barot's attitude is terrible. He is aggressive and agitated when he speaks to the patient as well as the family. He gets annoyed and visibly impatient at any questions asked (especially when he doesn't know the answer). You get no feeling that he actually cares for your well being, he just wants to make money. I would NOT RECOMMEND Dr. Barot if you actually want a doctor that you feel genuinely cares about you and makes you feel welcome under their care.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2012

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

You talk about how he never changed his street clothes but were you even awake? Because when you get an egd they don't see the doctor change because he does it RIGHT BEFORE the procedure and no one who is waiting can see him once he is inside behind the door so you're full of it. My egd was amazing comfortable and had NO PROBLEMS. I've had many egds done before by other doctors that were HORRIBLE and UNCOMFORTABLE... Dr Navin Barot was by the far the BEST doctor. Did you know he has received awards for his greatness? I had problems with my stomach for 3 WHOLE YEARS where doctors were claiming me to be a new medical mystery and then I went to Dr Barot. OMG! He knew EXACTLY what was wrong with a possible chance of something else the first visit. He DID NOT prescribe me any horrible medications that are just chemicals. In fact he told me to take peppermint oil softgels BEFORE EVERY meal and gave me a non-narcotic pain reliever that dissolves under tongue. Thank you for not giving me drugs

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

Dr. Navin V. Barot's Credentials

• Bj Med Coll, Gujarat Univ, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Gulfport, MS