Ratings for Dr. Alan J. Plotner

Dr. Plotner lies and doesn't follow up with filing appeals for prescription prior authorization denials. Doesn't return phone calls. Look elsewhere if you are looking for a trustworthy gastroenterologist!!!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I've been to a lot of "doctors" and his demeanor was awful. I only saw him because it was an emergency appointment and my regular doctor was unavailable. He did not hide his "would you hurry up & explain so I can get out of here" attitude. His bedside manner was very unprofessional. I don't even go to the practice anymore because of (him)one doctor with the attitude of "I don't care". Why do you still see patients? or Is it pick and choose who I'll treat with respect today?

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

I've been going to Dr Plotner for about 15 years for a complex problem. He is very patient, compassionate and knowledgable. I've recommended him to several others who have also been pleased.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

Dr. Plotner took time to answer my questions and was very thorough in his evaluation. I did have to wait a while to see him. The nurses are awesome, the front office staff are inconsistent on returning calls and getting a response.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Hopefully you will not ever need to call him on a weekend after hours if he is on call. He will blow you off if he is at one of his children's sporting events

flag | Submitted March 26, 2007

Main problem is the staff. No call is ever answered-it goes on the voice mail and it is hardly ever answered within 24 hours. The fact is that I have use eight to ten doctors but Plotner is the most difficult to get an appointment with. The voice mail itself is the longest- worse than a govermment agency. If it is ever answered by a living human being you must have the wrong number!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2006

Dr. Alan J. Plotner's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Reston, VA