Ratings for Dr. Andrew B. Dossett

Please believe these reviews when they say "if you're not a celebrity, you're not worth Dr Dossett's time" because IT IS TRUE! My FIRST appt, he came in over an hour late and wearing NO shoes, YES...NO SHOES! He was passive and VERY dismissive and told me to "just deal with the pain" and I'll learn to walk again. I could not walk more than 200 ft without debilitating pain. He only wanted to talk so my son about sports and show my son his pics of celebrities. When I asked him questions about getting my mobility back, he just got irritated. I spoke with one of Dr Dossett's former colleagues and it was confirmed the Dossett has a "GOD complex" and doesn't care about a patient unless they are a celebrity and can give him exposure. I was also told (by someone that STILL works with him) that my surgery was too "complicated" and Dr Dossett did not want to "deal" with it! He is a sorry excuse for a physician! Wasted my time, money and health! I couldn't even go for a walk with my children! He only did and X-ray which didn't show much. A different physician did an MRI and discogram and I've since had a 360 spinal fusion. Guess what, it was NOT in my head and I can now walk and I am back to normal. I went to Dr Dossett because I thought if major sports organizations use him, he would be good enough for me BUT he only took OVER 6 months of my life as I actually allowed him to make me think it was in my head. It is disgusting that he patient shops. Patients are NOT his concern, MONEY IS! STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU CAN HAVE YOUR SURGERY WRITTEN UP IN A NEWSPAPER OR MAGAZINE ARTICLE! I HOPE he reads these reviews. If so, how would YOU, Dr Dossett, feel if your wife couldn't walk and was looking to get her life back and told it was in her head or your mother looking for help and told to deal with it?

Submitted March 25, 2017

This doctor patient shops! If you are not a celebrity or you have a problem that will not help his statistics he will refuse to see you. My father needed a 2nd opinion on an MRI - he was told he would need a full spinal fusion. I tried to see Dossett and they asked for my father's MRI. After reviewing the MRI I was told by Erin that he does not see patients with prior surgeries. My father had NO prior surgeries so I asked he to clarify. She changed her story and said maybe my father needed more work than Dr. Dossett wanted to do. I was shocked as he is supposed to be a specialist in spinal work. I can only conclude after this interaction that if you are too old, too much trouble or not a sports figure; Dr. Dossett is too good for you - he and his staff think so anyway.

Submitted October 12, 2016

Worst ever met. Doesn't care about patient unless celebrity. Will make your medical issues worse. Doesn't do a real exam gets and angry if you ask questions!

Submitted July 28, 2016

I am not sure where the negitive reviews come from Dr dossett is a gentle gaint that does not just sign you up for surgery. He and his staff were all very helpfull and took time to listen and chat awhile. I say everyone from his nurse to PA to him was nothing but kind now if he can just get me back to my yoga and running he will be my hero. And a big thank you to Erin for going above and beyound to work me in..

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Dr. Dossett gave me my life back. I had been dealing with a genetic condition for over 8 years (from Dx not from initial symptoms). Because i was so young at the time of initial Dx (22), no one wanted to do what was eventually going to inevitable - surgery.they just kept throwing more and more pain pills at me. This is not a way to live for a 20-something. Dr. Dossett was the 5th surgeon I saw (after years) and finally, someone told me the truth. People confuse his frank-ness with rudeness, but I'd rather have someone tell me exactly how it is than to candy coat it or throw more colorful pills at me. After YEARS of intense pain and consumption of dangerous amounts of narcotics, he patted on me and healed me! Finally after 10 years, my nightmare and pain was done. After recovery, was the first time I was pain-pill free in a DECADE! Erin is amazing. I never had any problems contacting her via phone or email. The rest of the staff was fantastic. Surgery was as pleasant as back surgery can be. Facilities were amazing and accomodations were better than some high end hotels. I miss 3 pm cookie time! This is where theyswing by with warm cookies and milk as a snack. I traveled from S. Texas to seewhat I researched as "the best" and was not disappointed. Its been 3 years since surgery and my only regret is that I didnt find him sooner. He changed my life.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. Dossett saw me 15 years ago and liked that I had strength in my right foot so we did injections to avoid surgery. 15 years later I ruptures a disc and he got me in the following morning and into surgery within 12 hours. He is the best in the southwest and his staff was wonderful. The North Central Sugical Hospital was top notch and provided excellent care. I drove 6 hours to see him and would send anyof my friends to him. He is very personable and has dry sence of humor. The negative reviews dont even seem like they went to this GENIOUS spine Dr....

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

I will never return to Dr. Dossett's office nor will I ever recommend someone else go to him. Previous to seeing Dr. Dossett, I completed 2 rounds of physical therapy, 3 ESI's and nerve blocks and have seen a combination of roughly 7 doctors. I am 22 years old with 3 very degenerative disc and his "solution" was "take some medicine and learn to deal with it." Another doctor told me they could very easily surgically fix one bad disc in my lumbar. I personally never take "learn to deal with it" as a solution to years of back pain and degenerative issues.

Submitted December 23, 2014

He saved my life. I could barely walk and was on pain pills just to get by. Amazing Doctor and staff!!!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

I am here to tell you that Dr.Dossett, Matt, and Erin are all top notch. In the last year I had neck surgery performed by Dr.Dossett and the care I was given before and after surgery was outstanding. I do not understand the comments about having to wait a long time to see him but I was never left in the waiting room for more than 30 minutes and the nurses in the back are friendly and keep the process going. I would highly recommend this Dr. And his staff.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

Andrew Dossett is worthless and so is his admin staff. They are the most inconsiderate people on the planet and carry no professionalism. I waited almost 8 weeks to get in and see him and 3 days before my appointment they called and cancelled. Then they told me I'd have to wait another 6 weeks to get in and see him. I have a serious neck injury and was counting on Dr. Dossett. His admin Erin, specifically, laughed at me on the phone when I told her how frustrated I was. DONT GO HERE!!!

Submitted September 10, 2014

Dr. Andrew B. Dossett's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1988)

Workers Comp