Ratings for Dr. Robert D. SAGER

This man is extremely unbalanced. He will not numb you while drilling your teeth off for a crown nor will he put them on properly, causing you years of pain. He will also scream at you. All the horror stories are real. Terrifying human. I've also heard horrible stories about how he is with people who work for him. He's a bully, and he's used to getting his way. he will throw fits. I watched him, on multiple times, come into the dean's office I used to work for, and throw a fit over his daughter's enrollment- haha, except, you know, she didn't do it herself, he had his assistant do it for her. I felt so bad for the assistant, who probably had to get on her knees and beg for her job (this scenario is based on a true story).

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I came to Sager Dental around six months ago to have a cavity filled. I was told that I needed to have the tooth crowned. I was fine with the sudden quadrupling of the price but the worst part is that after I had to have my tooth crowned it turns out that they didn't even seal it correctly. Of course how was I to know this happened. It took two months for me to notice that the initial pain wasn't subsiding. I soon noticed that my tooth was turning gray.... To further my story, I called Sager Dental and told them the issue. Well, after I was told i would likely need a root canal I hung up the phone. No wonder Mr. Sager constantly talks of his success. He recommends work that is unnecessary and then does the smallest thing to make it seem like it was the clients fault whenever they must come back for a more expensive operation. Talk about a business model. I, However, decided to break the chain. I proceeded to another dentist to figure out what was going on. I lost the tooth. Thank you... Thank you David Sager. Do not go here. The same will happen to you.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Please beware, this is not a review of Dr. Sager, the dentist. This is a review of Robert Sager, the person. I've never been to his clinic. But, I have done business with him over the years. Robert Sager is an insufferably mean person. He's been rude to me and my employees. He's even been purposely rude to our other customers, which is completely unacceptable. I cannot imagine allowing this childish man to touch my teeth.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

He is knowledgeable, but he is terrible rude and mean. Will make you scared of the dentist if you aren't already

Submitted April 5, 2016

Finding a good dentist that is truly dedicated to your dental care can be tough. Here in Manhattan I prefer Dr. Sager's Dental Associates. The staff provides a comfortable modern environment to accommodate anything from oral surgery to cleanings. They also make crowns in shop, which saves time and money and ultimately maximizes your quality of care. My experiences with Dr. Sager and his staff have all been informative and necessary. Dr Sager takes the time to explain your situation and seems to truly care. He even took the time to help me overcome my aversion to needles. He poses an exceptional effort to distract your mind from the needle.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Worst experience I have ever had! He removed my bottom wisdom teeth a few years back. Not only did he make it seem as if they needed removed immediately, I was awake the entire procedure for impacted teeth, and was not given any pain meds. I ended up with an infection and when I called his emergency number he "assured me" I was fine without being seen. After an ER visit, I went to his office where he screamed at me and told me how "unprofessional" the doctors at the hospital were for not contacting him, not to mention they aren't even "real doctors" at Irwin. Worst care I have ever received. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

I don't normally give reviews, in fact this is my first time reviewing anything. In my opinion a review should only be left if the service was excellent and needs deserves recommendation, or if it is so poor people should be warned and proceed at their own risk. Which is why I was surprised when I found out Dr. Sager had so many bad reviews, I thought it was just me or a bad day. I completely agree with the previous comments. He was very mean and unprofessional, you don't yell at your patients. Also his equipment leaked on me, by the time he had finished my shirt was soaked!

Submitted July 16, 2015

I have had issues with this man. He is so unprofessional and thinks he is always right. This man should not have a business. He thinks he knows it all and clearly doesn't. His attitude is not fit to work in a field of medicine or any company at all. He thinks he is God and what he says is law. Well the world don't work that way buddy. He is a grown man with a kid attitude. Worst experience ever and would not recommend my worst enemy to him.

Submitted July 3, 2015

RUDE staff and impatient rude doctor. Actually, I never got work done there because when we spoke to them, I couldn't believe the utter disrespect of the "secretary." Truly in disbelief that place is still in business.

Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr sager does seem knowledgeable, but is so wrapped up in lecturing that he doesn't LISTEN to his patients! Caused me even more pain - would not recommend. One of the nurses seems friendly, the other is quite moody. It's worth looking for a dentist less conceited and less expensive

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015