Ratings for Dr. Bruce D. Appelbaum

When you need to see him right away, don't assume he will respond right away, even if you do select "urgent" on his voice message system. Impossible to make an appointment because his consulting appointment setter's phone number was changed. What do you know!?

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

In order to get an appointment must make it through Cheryl by phone. It took me two weeks before an appointment was finally connected. Dr. Appelbaum does not know your name. He always asks for it. I asked him why and he said he does not know any one's name; too many names to remember. He is just a pill dispenser. I've been going to him for many years. Marsha Oblath

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Setting up an appointment is nearly impossible. The initial appointment is a little pricey. I do like that he takes later appointments and that is the ONLY reason I visit his office. Overall, if you don't need an evening appointment i would suggest finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

I saw him once & paid an exorbitant amount for the intake appt. His secretary/recpt is not in his office. She works from home. She returns calls at her leisure. I called her to make a follow up appointment. It took her 3 days to return my call. That is ridiculous. When I informed her, "This is not acceptable. You need to return calls sooner than 3 days. You are dealing psych patients! It could be an emergency!" She gave me a sunny, "Eh, yeah, well, I'm calling you now. So, do you want an appointment?" I was flabbergasted. Clearly there was not going to be an apology from this woman and secondly, she is in the wrong profession. I said, "NO, I do not want an appointment anymore. I am going to see someone else now. I am going to see someone who answers the phone in a timely manner. This will not do." It was like water off a duck's back. She said, "Oh, OK then. Bye!" She was cheery. I sent a letter to Dr. Appelbaum telling him what happened & why I would not return. No reply.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dr. Bruce D. Appelbaum's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Ga Sch Of Med, Augusta Ga 30912 (Grad. 1989)

Delta Dental