Ratings for Dr. Marcy J. Abel

This great doctor helped me get away from catheters after 10 years of using them 4 to 6 times per day. Over 2 years after surgery, I am still free from catheters!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Wonderful doctor. I have had bladder problems for years and been to several doctors between Knoxville and Nashville and she is by far the best one I have been to. Very attentive and personable. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Maybe I caught her on a bad day, but the exam was unnecessarily uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I have had 3 trips to Dr able so far and she will not listen or answer any questions I have. She comes across as a know it all and very rude. I can not recommend her as a Dr or surgeon . All she seams to want are returning customers. Poor excuse for a Dr.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

She is the best and knows her stuff. Patience kind funny but straight forward.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I did 3 scopes in Dr. Abel's office. One time she did it out of order, using the largest scope first because she didn't want to wait for the staff to do their portion. It left my urethra raw for the other testing they did that day. The other 2 times she scheduled me for 2 procedures one after the other on the same day. It was more than my body could handle and I left the office with severe pain and chills. She told me I needed to get a bladder sling even though I was not incontinent just because she said people who get hysterectomies need bladder slings. She said I wouldn't have any problems, but I have had severe pain, incontinence and sexual dysfunction from the sling ever since. I now have to pay another surgeon to take the sling out because it will not get better. That is after spending a year doing pelvic physical therapy, having multiple UTIs and taking lots of medications to prevent infection. Dr. Abel did an ultrasound every single visit. There was no need for that and it charged me and my insurance company even though it was not necessary. Urologists only need to do the urine test to make sure you don't have a UTI each visit. Ultrasounds are expensive and only to be used if there are problems. She was disrespectful and arrogant when talking with my family after my surgery. I was waiting on a gurney for surgery when she called in and told the staff that she wasn't going to wait for my gynecological surgeon because her time was more important (it was only going to be delayed about 10 minutes), yet she was supposed to do her surgery after my gynecologist did hers. The staff had to scramble to change the antibiotics and other procedural things they needed because the surgery was being changed last minute. She did not tell me what sling she was putting in me and I was told to sign the form saying what it was AFTER I had been given the medication to put me to sleep while waiting for the surgery. I have been greatly harmed by this provider and by what her staff has said about her I think I am not the only one who has been harmed.

Submitted October 11, 2014

Dr. Marcy J. Abel's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)