Ratings for Dr. S Rush Bailey

Dr. Bailey, has been a the greatest pediatrician I've ever known. He was my pediatrician from the time I was born in 1979 to 1994. Now, my daughters have Dr. Bailey for their pedatrician. Being a patient of his for many years and having my children seen by him I feel as parent I couldn't ask for a better doctor. When I was a kid I use to love to come see him because he would wear funny shirts and even when you were sick he would always make you laugh and smile. I believe as a child growing up it's important to have a peditrician like Dr. Bailey that is a staple a great influence in a childs life.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

My children have been patients of Dr. Bailey for years. My daughter has very serious health issues, he has saved her life on more then one occasion. He is very direct, he does not tend to the needs of the parents as well as his partners but he knows his stuff. He knows who the best specialists are and can get your child in quickly if needed. He is not for everyone but if you can overlook the bedside manner at times he is a great doctor .

flag | Submitted March 29, 2009

I had two ill children with URI, pneumonia with fevers. I observed Dr. Bailey exit one room across the hall from me with a smock on, not wash his hands after exiting that room, he entered my room, did not wash his hands and put a speculum on his scope. He did an ENT check on my one child and then proceeded to use the same speculum to do an ENT on my other child. That is where I interupted and asked him about cross infection, asepsis and contamination. He said, that I was being over reactive and that he was going to be giving the children antibiotics and that it did not matter. I was appalled and shocked! My mother a retired nurse witnessed this and was stunned. Needless to say, I try never to see him in clinic and seek the care of his other collegues that have higher standards of care. However, it makes me shrug to think that Dr. Bailey is the founder and the head of the clinic. So, I question the health and cleanliness aspect regarding the care of the clinic and for the patients

flag | Submitted February 11, 2008

He is very direct and to the point. He doesn't mess around. He even took the time to call me directly after an x-ray that was taken of my son's back, his shoulders were uneven, but the x-rays show no scoliosis, just bad posture. He is the doctor and has the education and lots of years of experience. We have never had any problems. He came highly recommended from many of my friends who also take their children to him or they saw him as a child too. Would highly recommend him to anyone. The office is great sometime you cannot get in to see him, but they will always get you in to see someone if your child is sick. Plus they have a night and weekend clinic, so you may never have to experience the emergency room and wait for hours.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2007

Dr Bailey is a straight shooter when it comes to treating children, he wont give you alot of fluff. He is so kind to my children and give parents great advise. My oldest child didn't want to go to another Doc when he turned 18 years old. He still went to see Dr Bailey until they said that he was just to old to be at that office. Love him!!!!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2007

This is the pediatrican that we had choosen for our doctor via recommendataion from friends. He came to check out our daughter in the hospital, he seemed alright, curt and "old school". A few days later at a jaundice check he told me to stop breast feeding my daughter and just give her formula, when I protested he talked to me very condesendingly and said "It won't say on her college application if she is breastfeed or not." I walked out of the exam room and made them put on my chart that I was NEVER to be scheduled with him again. Bottom line: he's rude, does NOT LISTEN to parent concerns, is condesending. Strongly DO NOT recommend Dr. Bailey.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

Awful, just awful. Dismissed my concerns and said, "Your son isn't going to DIE just because he has diarrhea." Turns out he had celiac disease, which we found out from another doctor. How about that?

flag | Submitted February 8, 2007

is not helpful and does not care what you have to say. basically does not listen you. he makes a desicion and that is it. you cannot discuss a particular problem with him once he has made his desicion. I do not go to him at all anymore for my kids

flag | Submitted October 25, 2006

He argued with mother about symptoms, need for medication, was dismissive about her concerns.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2006

This doctor is very harsh & rough with young children

flag | Submitted February 1, 2006