Ratings for Dr. William H. Thom

one horrific experience. Back injection preformed by this individual caused the MOST excruciating pain I have ever experienced' And, I have had pain blocks before that were minimal pain' I could not bear weight on my right leg when I got off the table. Did they use a wheelchair to help me to my car, NO ! Did this "physician"?" check on me? Did the facility call to check on my condition that day or the next day? Well NO again. Please read all of the reviews on the person. My leg pain was truly unbearable, ALL day and did not subside until the next day. GO ELSEWHERE!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Outstanding bedside manner. Really cared about my pain. Uses different techniques, not just medications and not just injections. Staff is wonderful. I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Been to several other pain docs in the area... This practice is different than all the rest. Very nice, clean office. Friendly nurses and more to offer than just pain drugs and injections. Doc took time to explain to me the procedure and what to expect. Knew the drill going in but he made sure I knew. Made sure I was comfortable (even asked if I needed to use the bathroom before we started and I was nervous as heck so yes!). JoAnn my NP listens explains and adjusts my meds, helps guide my physical therapists, who are in the same office... Have more ways to treat my back pain now than ever. Injections are so much less painful here than the other places I've gone. And more effective. I like this place. Wish I'd found them first.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I wanted to let people know how much I appreciate the help Dr Thom and his staff gave me with my problem. My family practice doctor has tried for along time to help me. He finally sent me to APG and Dr Thom. With his help and the really nice people in their physical therapy office, I am a new person. I am telling my friends about APG and Dr Thom! Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

I have been to more than one pain doctor. Dr. Thom seems to take as much time with his patients as others. However, beware of getting stuck in physical therapy without regular evaluations of your progress. Finally, someone took pity on me and I got the epidurals I really needed.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

I would not recommend this doctor. Tammie Blevins, the nurse practitioner, was polite, and she took her time with an examination. Dr. Thom took all of five minutes to see me to tell me about the procedure he would conduct (epidural in lumbar region). The procedure was so painful that I begged him to stop. He finished the first part, removed the needle, and I never saw him after that. The staff proceeded to say my experience was normal. They did not even put a Band-Aid on my injection site. I will not return to this practice!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

This doctor is very good at what he does. I thought I was headed for back surgery… He was the first to do a complete physical exam, really listen to me and figured out it was my hip and not my back! He told me I may still need hip surgery someday, but between injections, medications and physical therapy I'm feeling 10 times better. And I'm not the kind of person that just wants pain pills… Most of my friends and family are the same way. I'll take an injection to not always have to be drugged up!!! If all you want is morphine, Dr. Thom probably isn't the Doctor for you. Associated Physician's will make you work to get better! But the good news is, you probably will. And if you don't, Dr. Thom will continue to care for you to help you manage it or send you to the right surgeon if surgery is best. Either way, I'd trust his plan for my care over any of the other docs I've seen any day!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

Dr. Thom and Associated Physicians Group were fantastic. Yes I did have to wait a bit at times, but the staff was always very nice, called me by name and seemed genuinely interested in how I was doing. The PT and PTA's were fantastic. They made me work hard, but not painfully. Dr. Thom spent as much time as he needed to accurately diagnose and explain my problems to me, and made sure I was comfortable with the treatment plan. Most importantly the results were fantastic for my shoulder, knee and back! It was great to have all the providers under one roof!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

staff is great! but he is thinks that the only solution is injections. they aren't always. when I came to get my med. records to go to another dr. there were many lies. false documentations and other patient records with mine!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2011

Wow... I actually had a great experience with Dr. Thom. I have to wait on occasion, too, but what a usually see is Dr. Thom working his tail off to get to his patients and get them the care they need that day! He's even taken the time to get my work comp adjustor to allow a treatment the same day I'm there, which based on my experience has to take up a lot of his ond his employee's time! I'll wait a few minutes if it means I save a few days! I don't know about the other response, but Dr. Thom spends the time I need with me and I never feel rushed. He actually examines me and has found and treated my injury that my surgeon (who I was originally sent to) could not. Alicia, my PT and Rob, the chiropractor involved in my care, were also very nice and very helpful. I'm back to work and my paycheck is still coming in! I don't usually fill these things out, but when I came across this I had to respond. Don't listen to the grumps out there--if you have pain go to Dr. Thom and APG!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2011

Dr. William H. Thom's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)