Ratings for Dr. Henry L. DANIS

I have a connective tissue disorder that I didn't know about when I went to him after having a hysterectomy. I was told to get a colonoscopy soon after an abdominal surgery because of possible cancer due to a mass found on my colon. I now know that I have gastroparesis, but although I followed the colonoscopy prep to the letter, it did not work. It sat on my stomach for 4 hours and after that amount of time I vomited, which was horrible due my recent abdominal surgery. I had explained to the nurse numerous times before I got this prep that the normal prep I was requested to do before my surgery didn't work, which is why I was not able to have a colonoscopy completed while I was under anesthesia during my hysterectomy. She didn't seem concerned and assured me that the colon prep was stronger and always worked. It failed (again I followed the instructions completely). I know now that I have gastroparesis due to the connective tissue disorder I have, but didn't know then. I had to cancel the procedure and was treated horribly by the nurse who kept preaching to me how important it was to have it done. I agreed with her and told her I was recovering from a very painful abdominal procedure on top of the failed colon prep and she obviously didn't believe me and thought I was trying to get out of it. If I wanted to get out of it I would have refused to have the procedure done as I am a grown up and know how to cancel a procedure!!! She was very hateful towards me and again I explained to her that laxatives never worked for me and neither did the colon prep. I could tell she didn't believe me and was short of calling me a liar. I was so insulted by her behavior towards me. She even wrote on my chart, that I had anal pain, which was untrue and was her way to saying that she thought I was a pain in the butt. I can't help that my body doesn't cooperate due to my medical disorder. I couldn't drive myself to the next appt. as you are told that you have to have some one to drive you so I had to depend upon my husband's ability to get off work, which was near impossible during that time as he had taken off work to take care of me after my surgery. Again, I was treated with disrespect. After finally getting her to listen to my medical issues (with her usual sarcasm and disbelief of what I was stating about my situation) I was told to take 4 different laxatives for the second attempt and was given nausea meds to help with the horrible nausea, for several weeks before another attempt. Again, the meds did not work until approximately 15 minutes before my procedure. I had very little evacuation but they were finally able to attempt the procedure. My obvious low gastric mobility was the issue, but you would think that a gastroenterologist's office would be aware and understand that. I will never go again due to the rudeness of this office and especially the nurse. I even begged her to help me understand why I was having problems and she basically made it known to me that I was the issue!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Dr. Danis didn't offer any advice and said the IBS-C wouldn't kill me and remarked that he hated to give me another pill. He put me on hyocyamine for two weeks which wasn't long enough to see if it would work. I asked him if dicyclomine would be worth trying out and he quit seeing me. He said the medication I suggested was in the same class of drugs as the hyocyamine.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Dr. Henry L. DANIS's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1999)

First Health Network