Ratings for Dr. Christopher B. Shields

I have been seeing Dr. Shields since 2009. He did a discectomy on my lower back which alleviated all the chronic pain I had been in for a few years. He was ALWAYS attentive and very knowledgeable. He never made me feel like I was wasting his time as other people have stated. I have been seeing him continuously since 2009. I am getting ready to have cervical surgery on my neck and wouldn't think to go anywhere else!!!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

The staff was very friendly, helpful and provided the necessary information I needed. Dr. Shields' bedside manner was fine. He was respectful, approachable and shared valuable information as needed.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Dr. Shield's definitely lacks in the bedside manner department and you can sometimes have a long wait in his office, but none of that matters because he knows his stuff. I wouldn't trust anyone else when it comes to my neurosurgical issues. He has years of experience and his expertise in neurosurgery outweighs any personality flaws I may not like.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

After having discetomy & spinal fusion at c4-5 2012 was told that I didn't need pain medication. I needed to be off of any pain medication & even take anti inflammatories for a year. The Dr. was very condescending as if I was just there for the fun of it or waste his time which he didn't give me much of. His office rescheduled many appts last minute even right after I had test the same day & I live over an hr away. Had to go back in 2014, I continue to have pain & same symptoms. Was told that I lose feeling in my hands/arms & drop things due to stress....Mind you I didn't do that before the car accident. When told about the pain the MRI put me through, he scheduled more tests which if something showed up on he admitted there was nothing that he could/would do anyway. I got shingles from the physical stress of the MRI but yet wanted to subject me to another test he said was worse physically than the MRI. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone!!The pain is enough w/o his condescending action

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Cold, disinterested, aloof, rude, condescending, judgemental, slow, late, inconsiderate, unsympathetic. These are the nicest words I have to describe my experience with Dr. Shields. I never returned.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

Dr. Shields is, in my opinion, a very troubled man. Everything that is said about him here that comes across as negative... it is all true. He is rude, and uncaring. He has a total disconnect with staff, patients, nurses, etc. He treated me with total disrepect and caused a lot of mental and emotional stress on me, not to mention the physical pain his actions ( or inactions/disregard) caused me. Please, dear people, do not go near this man. sters.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2012

DR.Christopher Shields performed spine surgery for me and it was a great success.I definitely will use him again if i need further surgeries E.Vantuyl

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

He is very rude,doesn't listen, doesn't look at you and doesn't give a diagnosis. He goes around in circles grasping at straws as to what is wrong with you. You leave not knowing any more than you did before you got there.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

Dr. Shields is VERY rude and unsympathetic towards the concerns his "patients" has. I saw him one time and he completely dismissed me...stating that "I should surely know that I was NOT a candidate for any type of surgery due to my weight". He was very cold and uncaring and I do NOT recommend him as a physician to ANYONE. Now I can not attest to his skills as a surgeon only his rude approach to consults. He did not once look me in the eye while speaking to me, I sat in the room for about 45 minutes just waiting to be seen...AFTER they had to cancel my first appointment and reschedule me because "he was out of town and missed his flight". So I waited a total of 6 weeks for this man to treat me the way he did.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

We were very happy with Dr. Shields and the time he spent with us. We have total confidence in his ability. We think he is great.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

Dr. Christopher B. Shields's Credentials

• Univ Of Toronto, Fac Of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1966)