Ratings for Dr. Christopher B. Shields

He’s not a nice physician and his staff acts like him, rude!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2018

I had a great experience with Dr. Shields, very knowledge. After 3 neck surgery's I am pain free and have had no other problems with my neck. Last surgery was 2006. Thank You Dr. Shields.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

I guess I am lucky after reading these reviews, I had a very good experience with Dr Sheilds. He has repaired my back three times and he has been very nice to me, never referred to me weight, I am 40 pounds over. Took time with me and even shared pics of his dog. His only drawback in my opinion is that he works with Dr John Johnson who needs to retire or have his license revoked.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

Still recovering from my neck surgery but overall my experience was very positive. I found Dr Shields to be a very nice Dr and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Shields since 2009. He did a discectomy on my lower back which alleviated all the chronic pain I had been in for a few years. He was ALWAYS attentive and very knowledgeable. He never made me feel like I was wasting his time as other people have stated. I have been seeing him continuously since 2009. I am getting ready to have cervical surgery on my neck and wouldn't think to go anywhere else!!!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

The staff was very friendly, helpful and provided the necessary information I needed. Dr. Shields' bedside manner was fine. He was respectful, approachable and shared valuable information as needed.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Dr. Shield's definitely lacks in the bedside manner department and you can sometimes have a long wait in his office, but none of that matters because he knows his stuff. I wouldn't trust anyone else when it comes to my neurosurgical issues. He has years of experience and his expertise in neurosurgery outweighs any personality flaws I may not like.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

After having discetomy & spinal fusion at c4-5 2012 was told that I didn't need pain medication. I needed to be off of any pain medication & even take anti inflammatories for a year. The Dr. was very condescending as if I was just there for the fun of it or waste his time which he didn't give me much of. His office rescheduled many appts last minute even right after I had test the same day & I live over an hr away. Had to go back in 2014, I continue to have pain & same symptoms. Was told that I lose feeling in my hands/arms & drop things due to stress....Mind you I didn't do that before the car accident. When told about the pain the MRI put me through, he scheduled more tests which if something showed up on he admitted there was nothing that he could/would do anyway. I got shingles from the physical stress of the MRI but yet wanted to subject me to another test he said was worse physically than the MRI. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone!!The pain is enough w/o his condescending action

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Cold, disinterested, aloof, rude, condescending, judgemental, slow, late, inconsiderate, unsympathetic. These are the nicest words I have to describe my experience with Dr. Shields. I never returned.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

Dr. Shields is, in my opinion, a very troubled man. Everything that is said about him here that comes across as negative... it is all true. He is rude, and uncaring. He has a total disconnect with staff, patients, nurses, etc. He treated me with total disrepect and caused a lot of mental and emotional stress on me, not to mention the physical pain his actions ( or inactions/disregard) caused me. Please, dear people, do not go near this man. sters.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2012

Dr. Christopher B. Shields's Credentials

• Univ Of Toronto, Fac Of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1966)