Ratings for Dr. Melvin D. Cook

Every time I visit, I plan for a 2 hour trip. I usually wait 45-60 minutes in the lobby and then another 30 minutes in the room. I explained my symptoms to Dr. Cook only to have him dismiss my issues as sleep apnea. I begged him to run the blood tests, he eventually did. Not the right ones so 2 weeks later I went in for more blood work. Finally 4 weeks later I see him because of Low Testosterone, my T4(thyroid) was low as well but "he wasn't concerned with that"! Said he'd wait a year to retest it!?! I've gained 30lbs. in 45 days after staying the same weight for 5 years?!?! Time to find a new doctor as he doesn't listen to this patient and dismisses your concerns. Love the staff and his nurse is absolutely awesome.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. Cook is wonderful, but his nurse is not. She does not return calls and leaves patients hanging for things such as prescription re-fills, appointment scheduling, etc. I won't be back and will miss Dr. Cook but will not excuse horrible customer service by the staff.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Dr. Melvin D. Cook's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)