Ratings for Dr. Tammy S. Alverson

Dr. Alverson has provided me and my family the utmost best care of any doctor in Coshocton. We have been to others in the area and she continues to make sure all our needs are meet. She is available even on weekends we could get her to answer our questions or call in perscriptions. I would always recommend her to family and friends.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

DR. ALVERSON REFUSED TO RELEASE MY MEDICAL RECORDS TO MY NEW INSURANCE COMPANY SO THAT I COULD SHOW PROOF OF ANY PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS. STAFF GAVE FALSE STATEMENTS THAT MY RECORDS WERE SENT, ETC., WHEN IN FACT THEY WERE NEVER SENT. THIS DOCTOR WAS ALSO VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND DISCUSSED SOME OF MY HEALTH ISSUES IN THE OFFICE IN EARSHOT OF OTHER PATIENTS IN THE WAITING ROOM. I AM A REGISTERED NURSE AND GIVE KUDOS TO MANY AMAZING PHYSICIANS. UNFORTUNATELY, I WILL NEVER REFER FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO HER.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

I went to Dr. Alverson, she put me on hormones without testing my levels, I am a nurse, this caused me severe problems, rashes, etc, then she refused to see me. She told me to wash my face with soap and water, wear a V neck shirt, refused to let me come in, said she was too busy. Very rude, no bedside manor. I spent over seven months on Antibiotics, had to see a dermatolgist all this time. I will never go back to her, and do not recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Referred by ER due to knee injury. I slipped on ice and wrenched my left knee. She said it was probably just a strain. Did not even examine my knee, no shot, no brace, no medicine, and then charged me for a full office visit ($120.00). She is by far the worst doctor I have ever seen. I was completely ripped off. I'm on disability with medicare and she still charged me that much. I don't know how she stays in business. No help at all! I will report her on several websites for overcharging and not doing her job.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

My Dad was seeing Dr.Alverson for over a yr. He went thur test after test to find out what was going with him. After being tested for cancer, and every other critcal disease, she diagnosed him with a skin Lupis....3 months later he was diagnosed with cancer, a month after that a cancer tumor broke his spine, and he pasted away 3 weeks after surgery to repair his spine. She was rude to my dad, rude me and my family, and wouldnt even take the time of day to talk to any of us. and took the weekend off while my dad was dieing. the outcome may not have been different, but things would not have happened so fast, and he would have had a chance to fight. I will NOT recommend her to ANYONE!!! and I'm in the process of building a case to sue her....I want her liscense to practice medicine gone!!!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2010

Dr. Alverson is very rude, and wont admit she doesnt know it all. My neice went to her when the orthodontist said she displayed symptoms of leukemia, Dr. Alverson said he was wrong. 3 days later she was rushed to childrens hospital with low blood counts, lost her vison due to bleeding in her eyes from low platelets. She endured months or treatment. She died in 10 months. She was 16. Dr Alverson would not do blood work on her when the orthodontist suggested it. It may not have changed the outcome, but maybe my neice would not have lost her vision for 6 wks, had she started treatment earlier. I would never go to her or recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2009

When we moved to Coshocton I was looking for a new doctor for my kids. I set up an appt. with Dr.Alverson and it was horrible. She was yelling at her staff and just very rude to everyone there. Needless to say I never went back to her.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2008

My husband went to her for high cholesterol. He was put on a cholesterol medicine that gave him severe side pain. Instead of determining the pain could be caused by the medication, she presumed he was either an alcoholic or had hepatitis from multiple sexual partners, which neither was true. He took himself off of the medicine, the pain went away after a few days and we found a new doctor.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2008

I went to Tammy for my pregnancy and told her some honest truths about the fact that I'd been dealing with genital warts. It was hard enough to discuss the issue let alone her then telling me that I had no rights to having children. She not only was the cruelest doctor I'd ever delt with but the rudest human being. I cried my way out of that office and obviously found another physician. Then to have a healthy 9lb. baby girl.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2006

She is very knowlegable.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2006

Dr. Tammy S. Alverson's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

GHI