Ratings for Dr. Rachel L. Gibbs

Just to follow up on my previous review of my ingrown hair.... it healed perfectly fine within days of leaving Dr Gibbs' office. It's been months with no recurrence or infection. If I had listened to her I would have had it reopened again and again god knows how many times, and how many dollars for office visits. She guaranteed me that it wouldn't heal when I was leaving unless i came back to her. Surprise, it's perfectly fine. Just like the ER said it would be.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

I moved to Tulsa Oklahoma from Louisville Kentucky. I'm so happy I found this provider. With my first visit she took time to go over my history. Made me feel comfortable during the yearly exam and noticed specific details that led to blood work and medication. I have PCOS with lots of symptoms. It's hard to find a doctor who doesn't just recommend switching birth controls. She made a specific plan for me as well as suggestions. They have worked on a variety of my symptoms and I couldn't be more relieved. I would definitely recommend this provider for not only your yearly but, for ladies of all ages who suffer PCOS.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I have been to this office before for an annual exam and only saw Dr Gibbs' physician assistant Jenna, Jenna was great. Staff was alright. Last week I had an ingrown hair that turned into an abscess on my bikini line, I went to the ER, it wasn't very big but was painful and the ER staff gave me plenty of local anesthetic before they drained and packed it, preparing me for it to still be a painful procedure even with the local pain killer. And it was. But I got through it, was discharged, and they said to leave the packing in the wound for 3 days to drain and then come back to have it removed and a regular bandage put on. I asked if I could just go to my gynecologist office instead of coming back to the ER since it was in my pubic region, they said sure. Since Dr Jenna had seen me before I felt I would be more comfortable going to that office rather than back to the ER. HUGE MISTAKE. Dr Jenna was unavailable to help, I got there and met Dr Rachel Gibbs for the first time. She was so cold and abrasive, I held my hand out to shake it and she just ignored it. I quickly realized she tries to make mountains out of ant hills. She asked if I had an ultrasound at the hostpital, I said no why would I need that for a skin wound? She said in case anything had infected my uterus and to check for abnormalities or pregnancy. Um, what? I went there for an ingrown hair, I'm not currently sexually active and take birth control anyway, so no, the emergency staff did not feel the need to do an ultrasound. So she says let me see the wound, I pull off the bandages and you can see the packing poking out. It had healed great in just a few days with only a top layer of skin still cut. I assumed that, like the ER, she would give me SOME kind of local anesthetic or topical, anything for pain before doing anything to my wound but nope, in one swoop as I was telling her how this came to be, without even telling me what she was about to do, she just reaches down and yanks the packing strip out with a hard pull. I felt like someone stabbed me with a butcher knife. I screamed and said why would you not tell me you were about to do that? I could have done that by myself at home! Jesus, pent up aggression much? She ignored me and instead starts poking and jabbing at the wound saying it "needs to be packed again". I said no, no, I'm here to get the packing removed. That's what the emergency room doctors told me, keep the packing in for 3 days, get it removed, put regular bandaging on it. She said "NOPE! We will probably have to pack it several times, and look see you already have other abscesses starting here, and here, and here etc etc" she starts poking at the tiniest little bumps I've had on my opposite thigh for my entire life, definitely not abscesses and definitely not related to a wound of any kind. She starts saying that she doesn't have any equipment at the office for anesthetic so I'm going to have to "hold very still" while she re-packs it, but first she wants to "see how deep it really is" and grabs a long cotton swab thing and starts trying to jam it into the open wound, saying how she's going to need me to come back every 2 days until it's "done". Um, lady, I don't have time to take off work every two days to drive across town and wait over an hour past my appointment time for this. The wound was very clearly well healed, I'm on antibiotics, I simply needed the packing removed, you removed it (painfully), so we're done here. I said "No, no, sorry but no, I'm done, thanks" pushed her hand away, stood up and started to get dressed without giving her another second to touch my body. She got super huffy and just walked out. I should never have gone there. I should have gone back to the hospital. Now I'm terrified to go back for my regular gyno needs for fear I'll get her again instead of the nice one Jenna. Like several other people have written, when I got back to my car I just sobbed from the unbelievably abrasive and unexpected encounter.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

This OBGYN is the worst I have ever encountered. Upon our first meeting she was cold and uncaring. And upset that I would not allow her to perform a hysterectomy on me. I went to Dr Gibbs for a consultation to discuss getting fibroids removed and once I told her that and I did not agree with her recommendation, she became frustrated. It made me nervous because by listening to her and looking at her physical posture I thought something is very wrong here. I told Dr Gibbs that my Husband and I decided I just needed my fibroids out. She then raised her voice and and slammed her hands down on the computer and said well if that is what you want done, then I will do it. But In the long run your going to need a hysterectomy. It was like I was listening to a broken record. Dr Gibbs then started typing something in the computer what I can assume was patient consult notes. Then a couple of minutes later her nurse came in the room and set up for a Pelvic exam, during the exam I felt Dr Gibbs was very rough and I said ouch that's hurts. Dr Gibbs then said that's because you have a Hernia as well and that will have to be fixed also. She removed the Pelvic exam device from me then I lay there in shock thinking what type of Dr is this and what in the world did I get myself into by coming to see Dr Gibbs. After the exam was over I sat up and felt numb. Dr Gibbs then said well I will my staff contact you with details of when your surgery will be. I got up and got dressed and immediately left Dr Gibbs office and once I got in my car I called my husband and said you will never believe what this OBGYN said to me and how she treated me upon our first meeting. I explained everything in detail to my husband then hung up and called my mother and told her about Dr Gibbs office manners. After speaking with my husband and mother I expressed to them that I felt like Dr Gibbs just wanted to perform unnecessary hysterectomy's on people like people going through a drive thru for fast food. My husband and I spoke about the office visit i Dr Gibbs and my husband stated I needed to get a second opinion because he did not feel good about how Dr Gibbs treated me. I then spoke to a friend of mine that told me I needed to see another Dr by the name of Cheryl Razdan. I called Dr Razdan's office and spoke to her nurse and told her I wanted a second opinion about a upcoming surgery by another Dr and that I wanted the fibroids removed etc, etc. My Appointment was scheduled for Jan 12,2017 I was excited about going to see Dr Cheryl Razdan because I heard she was the best OBGYN listened to her patients and was very caring. The day I was to see Dr Cheryl Razdan I had gotten ill so I was not able to make the appointment and called Dr Razdan's office to schedule and apologized that I could not make it because I really wanted Dr Razdan's opinion concerning my situation. Deep down inside I felt uneasy and unsafe about Dr Gibbs behavior that I had saw during my 1st visit. I spoke to my family about my concerns and I told my family I hope that me deciding to go to Dr Gibbs was not a major mistake. I later got a phone call from Dr Gibbs office telling me the Dates of my Pre-Op appointments and surgery date. Despite my inner feeling telling me to avoid allowing Dr Gibbs to perform surgery on me I went ahead and had surgery on January 25,2017 which was 1 of the worst realistic nightmares I ever imagined. After having surgery on January 25, 2017 I ended up back at the hosiptal 2 more times after allowing her to do surgery on me. Total of 3 times were I had to be admitted into St Francis because after Dr Gibbs performed the 1st Surgery where I ended up with a Severe infection, Hematoma and bowel movement leaking into my vaginal cavity which I found out after going to the ER was Colonvaginal Fistula and Rectovaginal Fistula. I have never been so afraid and uncomfortable. I was in pain and felt that I was going to Physically die. To have what should of been a easy operation for a experienced trained OBGYN turned out being a horrid experience, not just for me but my husband and family. To have Bowel waste come out of my vaginal cavity at a very vast amount, while experiencing a fever and chills and bleeding, with a hard swollen abdomen was overwhelming. Every woman wants to feel clean and after my experience with Dr Gibbs I feel Dirty. I did not want to go back to see Dr Gibbs ever again after what I experienced and told my family that and called my families Atty to discuss all that I had been through. I even told my family how 2 nurses on the 2nd floor in St Francis assigned to my room had been unprofessional and uncaring and how the 2 nurses had treated me. I don't go around lying on individuals and me telling my Story is in hope to save another Woman from experiencing the horrid experience I had with Dr Gibbs. I decided after making the decision to not see Dr Gibbs again that I needed to see if she had any other Medical complaints and found 12.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

I was 23 when I was first referred to Dr. Gibbs. I was in an intense internship and became very dehydrated and had to go to urgent care. I was having terrible stomach pain. They thought it was pancreatitis in which they sent me for an emergency CT scan. Turned out I had cysts on my ovaries and they sent me to Dr. Gibbs. I did my research on cyst and figured out that I had been dealing with them since I was about 15. I know it was something that she would advise me to go on birth control for and was prepared for her to push that on me (as almost all OBGYN's I have experienced have.) At my first appointment with Dr. Gibbs she never once made eye contact with me, not once. She was very cold and unengaging, especially when she told me that she was "100% sure" that I had endometriosis. Without even softening her tone she then began to tell me that since I have probably dealt with this for so long (most of my adult life) that I more than likely have it so bad it has probably scared my whole uterus making it impossible for me to have babies. Keep in mind I am 23 years old, alone at this appointment, and this is the first encounter I have had with her. She then tells me that I need to schedule an emergency surgery to remove as much of the endometriosis to give me any chance of having kids. I told her I did not want to have surgery, that is a serious thing to have surgery on and at such a young age and she said well it's your decision but the longer you wait the worse it will get. If you want to schedule it you can call back up here to set a date if not I'll write you a RX for birth control and it will be at the front desk as you check out. She then got up closed my file (still haven't had made eye contract with me) and left. I went to my car and bawled my eyes out. I knew that this was not a report I was going to receive. A month later after doing research I decided to go through with the surgery. I had it and at my post op she told me that there was hardly any in there just a little bit on the back side of my uterus and that she had removed it. However, I highly recommend we have you start on this shot that will put you into an early onset temporary Menopause. Here is a $100 off coupon for it. If you don't do the shot it will more than likely come back worse ( here we go with her trying to scare me into another one of her experiments.) I said I really do not think that sounds like a good idea at all. And she said well if you want to have any chance of having kids you need to do this shot. I said that is what you said about the surgery and I didn't have hardly any. In my honest opinion her patients do not matter to her. What does matter to her is that she gets surgery experience under her belt, necessary or not. She is cold and very uncaring. I would not recommend her to anyone and actually warn all my friends about her. If I were you I would do your research on her before considering her for anything. I am not one to write reviews about anything, but this was one that I felt women need to be made aware of. It is not something to take lightly and I hope that you read this and it inspires you to dig deeper than I did into her background.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

After reading some of the reviews on here I was very reluctant to use Gibbs for my hysterectomy. I was referred to her by my gynecologist for a large pelvic mass. She got me in quickly due to the fact I was in a lot of pain. She advised a hysterectomy was my only option. I was scheduled for the surgery within the week. I was told it would be done laparoscopically unless my uterus was too large. When Dr gets did the surgery they found a fibroid that was larger than a soccer ball. She still was able to perform the surgery laparoscopically which was a miracle. I could not have asked for a better experience with the surgery. The office staff was amazing. Everybody was extremely nice and helpful. Each time I called I was able to speak to a nurse's assistant immediately. Every person that I encounter prior to the surgery assured me that Rachel was the best surgeons they had available at the hospital. She is very direct which can be misconstrued as not nice but she is an amazing surgeon. I am very grateful for her and her abilities!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

I saw Dr. Gibbs for a Paragard insertion and the experience was wonderful. She was very informative and listenes to my wants and needs in a birth control method. She talked me through the entire procedure. The office staff verified my benefits for me and they were all very friendly. I wanted to take time to write a positive review because all the negative made me second guess seeing this physician, but I am so happy that I went to her.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Worst doctor I’ve ever seen. She may be KNOWLEDGABLE if you get her to answer any questions. When you go in for a check- up, she pushes you in and out quickly. Evidently she is on a tight schedule. She cancelled an appointment I had due to her surgery schedule. Then she wouldn't re-schedule me for annual exam for another two months. Called nurse at her office to see if I could get an earlier appointment never returned my call.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

I have been going to Dr Gibbs for 20 years, she has delivered all 4 of my babies, she has performed surgery on me several years ago. Although she does not have the best bedside manner, I like that about her because she does not try to sugercoat any issues. She is very to the point which is what I need. I will never change doctors, in fact we moved up north and I continue to come back to Oklahoma for my appointments. LOVE DR Gibbs.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

Dr. Rachel L. Gibbs's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)