Ratings for Dr. S. Mark Tanen

Don't go to Dr. Tanen, he is rude and unprofessional. I called to let him know that I wasn't feel better, but actually feeling worse after being put on a new medication. He started yelling at me over the phone. He was belittling, and rude. After struggling with chronic sickness for over 8 months, I was very upset by the way he treated me, and how he handled my case. I will never recommend him or see him again.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Over rated doctor. Staff working the place is terrible, I am still dealing with billing issues 1 year after my visit. Stay away, far, far away.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

I came in complaining my symptoms were worse and he lowered my dosage of thyroid meds. I have since gone to a doctor who would treat my symptoms.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

I just called to get an appointment with Dr Tanen and a receptionist by the name Charlsa was extremely rude and misinformed. I told her I had Aetna and tricare as insurances. she rudely stated that they did not file secondary for tricare . when i told her they did as mentioned on their website she put me on hold and came back saying yes they do and that she thought it was only medicare. In an extremely rude manner asked for my name and social. I told her I did not like the manner in which she spoke to me and she was like OK whatever. Pathetic!!!! I obviously did not choose to go further with booking an appointment. I wonder how many patients he loses as a result of this employee.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

Dr. Tanen is wonderful. He is punctual, friendly, and knowledgeable. He listens to your concerns and never treats a patient poorly. I would not go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

Dr. Tanen actually called me on a Saturday to assure me that test results came out fine, which was a huge relief for me. He's professional, very courteous, and this is reflected on his staff as well. His office is clean, and so are his staff and the doctor himself - which surprisingly is not the case with many doctors and which disturb me to no end. He was not annoyed by my many questions about the procedure and tests, and took his time in explaining things clearly. Having done prior research, I knew he was not BS'ing or giving me the short shrift thinking I have no medical background, which I found some doctors do. His academic background, reputation among other doctors, together with his bedside manner, all make this doctor a well-rounded A+ for me.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2008

Dr. Tanen is very knowledgeable and shows concern for his patients. He doesn't fluff up reports -- he tells it like it is. Office staff can be a tad rude but bearable. The on-site lab is the best and the chief of the lab is wonderful. I drive an hour to get to Dr. Tanen and it is well worth it. If you need an endo and are willing to work to get results then Tanen is the man.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

I have been seeing Dr. Tanen for 7 yrs. now. I find him to be very knowledgable and caring. He is always available when I need to see him. I will say I do not care for the front staff much. They are generally short tempered and rude to me EVERY time I call. Eveyone else I have dealt w/ is very pleasant(phebotomist, nurses)and helpful when I must bring my children w/ me.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

Dr Tanen has really transformed my life. He was willing to prescribe Armour Thyroid after other thyroid medications had failed. He is a wonderful doctor and always on time.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2008

Dr. Tanen is knowledgeable, friendly, and thorough. He will prescribe Armour if you insist on it. Love the on-site lab. Some of the office workers aren't great with customer service, but he is a quality doctor.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008