Ratings for Dr. Michelle A. McLanahan

Office Staff billed us incorrectly and refuses to return phone calls to address the issue. She was trusted to be there in case of unforeseen complications during delivery and nearly missed two scheduled inductions/deliveries. My wife was actually told to stop pushing to stall for her to arrive to ensure she made it and had rights to delivery fees.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Terrible wait times (2-3 hrs minimum)and the some staff members are very rude.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

I have been going to Dr. McLanahan for years and she has delivered 3 of my children. Yes, sometimes there is a wait, but I know it;s beacuase she is also giving her other patients care as well. She is the best OBGYN doc that I know and highly recommmend.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Dr. McLanahan was the very best OBG/GYN I've ever used. She was very friendly, personable, and felt like part of my family. My husband and I had been trying to conceive for over 5 years when after seeing Dr. McLanahan for fertility work ups we became pregnant. I went in pre-term labor at 5 months and each time I was admitted to the hospital I had a personal visit from my doctor. She promised to be there for his birth and even though she had to make alternative arrangements for childcare after hours she delivered my healthy baby boy that night as she had promised me in the beginning of my pregnancy. Dr. McLanahan will always be a very special to me. I later moved away but would love to see her. They don't come much better than Dr. Michelle in my opinion!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Just changed to this Doctor, as I wanted a new gynecologist after 25 years with same office. Went twice to Dr. McLanahan, but never met her. I'm 53 years old, and went in thinking I might have a problem with one or both ovaries. Had a pap done on first visit, and told by the PA that I need to have a sonogram and a biopsy. Called the morn. that both procedures were scheduled, and was asked 'didn't you get the call' to which I responded 'yes' I received the call confirming the appointment the night before. The ultrasound operator wasn't available, so I'll have to reschedule the appointment. Couldn't believe how nonchalant they were about not letting me know. Had both procedures done, and told by her PA that I might need a hysterectomy. Decided it's time to look for another Doctor. Went to a real Doctor who actually saw me (first visit), and operated the ultrasound machine himself. My uterus is 'unremarkable', biopsy not needed and no hysterectomy. Dr. McLanahan is bad news.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

Staff in new office just as rude as the former location. Waited 1.5 hours, and thought so because I was the only non pregnant patient. People after me were coming and going, even though I was on time for my appointment. The Dr finally saw me, she was non verbal, didn't want to answer my questions, seemed to rush me out so she could eat. But the she began on some rant about the government and the church; being very judgmental. She was talking about older women having babies. I was in disbelief. This was my 2nd time seeing her, and only came back because I wanted to give her a chance as I was not pleased the first time , which was a year earlier. Not sure if I'll go back. I came here to get her telephone number because as I dial the number I have the call is not connecting, but as I read these comments I am not confident. I have a problem and afraid to get dismissed quickly. After reading these comments I do not think I will return.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

The only truth in any of these negative reviews is that the wait is long. Dr. Mclanahan has delivered 2 of my 5 kids. She is not warm and fuzzy but straight to the point. She is not mean . I would only recommend seeing the PA for pap smears. Anita is very knowledgable and i would see her if the doctor is not available.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2010

I am almost 5 months into my pregnancy, and I have to say I have not been pleased with the level of service I have received from anyone at this office, with the exception of one of the nurses. I have NEVER been seen anywhere close to my scheduled appointment time, even when I am the first appointment of the day! Than when I am finally seen, they rush your appointment like your just a #. This is my first pregnancy and I had the worst experience with one of the sonogram techs. She was horrible. Mean, impatient and did not even speak during my sonogram. Yes, her office is beautiful, but who cares when everything else is wrong! The one appointment I had with Dr. M, she walked in and complained about how tired she was because she was so busy! Than she asked me a couple questions and walked out, in fact she closed the door on my face! She is not a friendly person, and yes while being a good doctor is obviously important, being a friendly, warm OB is too. Not impressed!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2010

Amazed at some of the comments about Dr. McLanahan. I saw her many years ago and then moved to Texas and was sad about having to find a new doctor. I am pregnant with my 2nd and came for a visit and she was more than willing to see me for a regular prenatal check up and once again, despite LOVING my regular OB, I am now sort of wishing I could have Dr.McLanahan deliver this baby. The staff was very friendly and the nurse I dealt with was fantastic. Friendly, caring gentle, knowledgeable. yes there was a little bit of a wait, but really she is worth it. Why would she have moved out of the old office into a new HUGE and gorgeous office with her being the only one if she was a terrible doctor??? My family has three generations seeing her. My Grandmother, Mom, sister and I see her and love her. Yes, she is direct and to the point about everything, but she really knows her stuff and I love her. Can't say it enough.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

I began visiting Dr. McLanahan in 2007. My husband and I became pregnant in February of 2010. If it wasn't for my two trips to the hospital (one for a fibroid and one for kidney stones), I would not have seen Dr. M the entire pregnancy. I wait over an hour before even being seen and I am alway stuck seeing Nurse Anita. I don't feel comfortable having Dr. M deliver my child because we have yet to even see or talk to her about my pregnancy! I would switch OBGYN(s) but it's too late in my pregnancy. Please go to another doctor for the safety of you and your child.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

Dr. Michelle A. McLanahan's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)