Dr. Kenneth F. Desrosier

5 1 3.0

You may also like

Rate Dr. Kenneth F. Desrosier

Dr. Kenneth F. Desrosier's Ratings

I went with my friend to see this Dr. for support. He was about an hour late to begin with. This was a very nerve wracking appointment because this was the day to get results. He walked in and had horrible bedside manners to begin with. He was not prepared and sat at the computer and typed his notes the entire time. We were referred to an RA doctor to rule out Lupus, identify a potential RA flare up, etc. His diagnosis was Fibromyalgia. Ok, next.....Question 1: If I have Fibromyalgia, what is wrong with my hands, what would cause the redness, burning sensation and scarring? Answer: I don't know, you need to go back to the dermatologist and have them look at it again. The dermatologist and primary care doctor referred us to the RA doctor and now he is telling us, "I don't know!" Question 2: So, do you treat fibromyalgia or do I need to get a referral to another doctor? Answer: You need to go back to your primary doctor and have him refer you or I can give you some pamphlets. Uh, no, keep your pamphlets!! Question 3: What can I do for the pain, is there medicine I can take? Answer: There is a medicine for seizures and it doesn't work very well and it has bad side affects, but you can try it. Really?? What kind of doctor, professional or any person in their right mind say that to a patient? No thanks! We sat there and did not get any eye contact, but instead, we looked at his back the entire time while he typed his notes. Most professional doctors do that after they see their patients. Some even have a little tape recorder they can dictate to and have someone scribe them. I can't even begin to explain the heart drop listening to the things coming out of his mouth. He went on to say that she was misdiagnosed with RA, but has been treating it for 7 years and she was referred to go to the RA doctor because the lab work clearly says, "positive for RA." This man does not have any business practicing at all. The week before he said he would get to the bottom of everything with lab results and we provided to him and his answers today were, "I don't know, you need to go somewhere else, go back to your primary doctor, I will give you pamphlets, I don't know if this medicine will work, you have been misdiagnosed, there is nothing I can do for you." Wait, last week he said he could help with Lupus, RA, Fibromyalgia and today he has no answers? Kenneth Desrosier, I will call him by name because he is not deserving to be called a doctor is not someone who is genuine or really cares about his patients. It's about ordering a bunch of lab work and making several visits to get no where. Must be a insurance scam. The worst of it is that Kenneth does not think of how devastating some of this can be for patients. He does not have empathy and that's fine if you want to be a straight arrow doctor who comes in and out and just state the facts, but I would expect that he would at least make sense and look at the patient while talking instead of wasting insurance money on watching him type his notes. Very unprofessional man and I truly feel sorry for anyone who sees him. I wasn't even the patient and I was horrified of the experience. On top of all that, it seems like he must think everyone he sees is below his level and doesn't have knowledge of anything (that must be why people go to him), yet he fails to think of the new generation called the internet that can help folks educate themselves on just about anything. So, just about everything that came out of his mouth was remarkably unheard of and unexpected! Kenneth Desrosier, do everyone a favor and retire and stop insulting people or get another job where you can truly provide value. Right now all you are doing a disservice to patients who have a true need to solve their medical issues. If you don't like people, then don't be a doctor. After leaving this office, we felt insulted, talked down on and just shocked of the behavior displayed. I do not recommend Kenneth to anyone. I feel sorry for his staff because they are extremely nice and they have to work with someone like him. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2879789].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I moved from Florida and have a diagnosis of Psoriatic Arthritis. I waited a month for this appointment. While talking to me, he was busy checking boxes on the computer screen. He asked me the same questions more than once. Upon him asking the repeat questions, I asked for clarification of what he was asking. He was short with me. When he said that I had Fibromyalgia too, I said I'm not sure I believe in that, what is it? He said then I'm not going to help you. You are stubborn and have been this whole visit. Get out. I cannot believe that a professional would act like this. I asked him to sit down and educate me about what I have heard to be a "fake" ailment and he said there would be no way to educate someone like me. DO NOT TRUST this man with your health. Today (3 days after my appointment) I received a certified letter that he cannot and will not be my physician. REALLY? I cried all day after my appointment because I am in so much pain and it will be October before I can get in to see another Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2329507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

I was having problems with my knees and decided to see a Rheumatologist. I discovered Dr. DesRosier was on my insurance plan and close to home. When he came into the room he was very concerned over the problems I was having, being so young. He examined my knees which turns out I have Osteoarthritis in both knees. I was also having lower pack pain, which after he examined me he suggested seeing a physical therapist who relieved my back problems. I would highly recommend Dr. DesRosier to any of my friends, family and anyone who needs to see a Rheumatologist. He is very professional, attentive and has excellent bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2329506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Dr DesRosier was very to the point doctor and was very helpful to me in understanding my disease. I have been seeing him for about three years and couldn't be happier. I am very glad to have him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2329505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

After seeing a plethora of Doctors over a course of 15 months, trying to figure out what exactly was going on with my body,I found myself sitting in Dr. Desrosiers office. I was scared and nervous and when he walked in very ,matter of fact, with his head in my paper work,never making any eye contact,he announced my diagnosis. Period. Nothing else came from him. I had never herd of it and had so many questions and was very emotional. I had tears and he had ...nothing. I didnt expect a hug or flowers or a pat on the shoulder. I did want some eye contact. Maybe he could have explained my diagnosis a little. Some words of compassion and caring would have maybe made me feel more like a human. I found Dr. Desrosier very cold and uncompassionate. I felt like I was a waste of his time. I went home and gathered information about me and my syndrome via google. This was one of the worst experiences of my life. I now have a GREAT Doctor, whom I love dearly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][327366].votes_count ]]