Ratings for Dr. Janice M. Anderson

Dr. Anderson has been my family doctor for 20 years and I have found her to be professional, knowledgeable and very caring. She and her office partners serve people in the community who do not have insurance coverage, something many practices do not do. They also provide care to those who are disenfranchised in other ways, such as the sexual minority community. Dr. Anderson and her office partners have also been supportive of the nurse midwives who have worked hard to find acceptance in this conservative medical community. For awhile the office staff was inadequate and that could be annoying but I have not had that problem recently.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2006

DO NOT use this dr./practice if you have a high-risk pregnancy. The OB doctors in this practice strongly recommended a VBAC delivery for me but had no idea of the risks involved. When I began having regular pains, Dr. Anderson did not keep me in the hospital to be monitored. I suffered a minor rupture at home, causing the fetal death of my daughter. Dr. Anderson then compounded my injuries by having me labor with pitocin, which fully ruptured my uterus and my bladder. She was very cold and unsympathetic throughout my ordeal. After I came to my room from the OR at 7:35, my daughter was brought to me to hold. Dr. Anderson said to me "I have to be out of her at 7:50 - I have appointments starting at 8:30." So I only got 15 minutes with my precious baby. Research on my part after this experience proved that my pregnancy was grossly mishandled. Drs. who reviewed my records later could not believe the incompetence shown. Please do not rely on this doctor for your pregnancy.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2006

Dr. Janice M. Anderson's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)