Ratings for Dr. Roy I. Davidovitch

Most of the negative comments did not follow through with surgery with Dr. D. I had same day hip replacement surgery and am amazed at how quickly I am recovering. The entire experience has been great. I highly recommend this doctor and his team.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

Despite what the 7/11/17 reviewer seems to think, it is quite possible for people to have a bad experience with a doctor, so for me, the negative reviews are on par. 1) I completed all 'check in' forms and co-payment in advance to expedite my visit ... did it matter? Nope -- I had to explain everything three times to three different people, including Davidovitch, and despite paying my co-pay in advance, I was told it had not processed yet so I had to pay it again, now I have two charges coming through on my credit card. 2) I was brought into the exam room about 20 minutes past my appointment start time where I would then sit for about another 40 minutes waiting for Roy boy. At about the hour mark, I go into the hallway where a nurse tells me to 'hold on' while she goes back to tending to a computer. Nope, sorry ... already an hour past my appointment time, so I won't 'hold on' anymore. To add to that, I clearly see Roy-o casually walking around like he's looking for something to do. 3) After over an hour of waiting, dude-face finally comes in, doesn't apologize, acts short and is clearly annoyed that I would have the audacity to speak up when he's well over an hour past my appointment time. 20 minutes late, ok, I guess I'll deal with that, but an hour ... no, that's unacceptable and unprofessional. All in all, a pretty arogant guy who made it seem like I wasted his time. Sorry, but your patients are a major part of what pays your salary, so treat them professionally and with respect, guy-o. Needless to say, I'm probably going to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

I think dr. Davidovitch is an amazing doctor. My first meeting with him he explained all of my options for hip replacement and alternative options. He spent a great deal of time with me and was truly concerned about my nervousness and put.me at ease. I had the procedure and was walking within a week. I do not understand any of the negative comments about this man. None of the complaints are true. I recommended 2 more people to him after my surgery and they loved him as well. I whole heartedly recommend him to anyone considering hip replacement.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I am in my 70's and was admitted to Hospital for Joint Disease in NY City with a fractured hip. In the middle of the night a man in a baseball jacket stood at the foot of my bed and awakened me by saying, "You're going to have a limp for the rest of your life." I saw him twice for follow up and despite my pronounced limp and pain, he made no further suggestions. I consulted with two other orthopedic surgeons both of whom suggested surgery to repair my hip. I will be having surgery at Hospital for Special Surgery. Stay away from Davidovitch if you are a senior citizen!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

I had complete hip replacement on 4/23/14 by Dr. R. Davidovitch using the anterior approach. I was walking without a cane by day 10. I am female, 66 years old and was in good physical shape before having my hip replaced due to bone on bone. It is 2 months now and I am doing absolutely amazing. I felt others should know about this doctor as I did my research looking for newer technology. They also use the Hana Table at NYU which adds to the successful outcome. Like every busy doctor the time spent with the doctor is quality time which is what counts. His PA Constance was very helpful. NYU Hospital was also very efficient with setting up and following through after surgery. I was also very apprehensive about having foreign parts in my body but, now I am not aware of there presence. I know everyone is different but, I hope this helps other patients in making a decision. I am very happy with the results.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Had to wait over 2 hours just to spend 5 minutes with Dr. Davidovitch. He was short with his answers and basically acted like he wanted to be somewhere else. I drove almost 2 hours to see him. I can honestly say after picking a surgeon from another NY Hospital that I wasted my time going to this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

The wait time is extensive. Be prepared for 1-2 hours. This doctor is knowledgable, but quite arrogant. A disappointing experience.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

Correctly diagnosed me after 10 years of suffering through numerous incorrect diagnosises -- cannot thank him enough!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Dr. Roy I. Davidovitch's Credentials

• Gujarati

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Oxford