Ratings for Dr. Shelley E. Weiss

I was referred to Dr Weiss by my cousin and I'm glad I switched from my old doc. On the first visit he was able to tell me what was wrong with my son. He sent us to the specialist and my son is 100% better. His old doc never figured out that he needed his tonsils out! Thanks to Dr Weiss we have not had any more infections. Thank you guys! All of you are amazing!!!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I have with Dr Weiss since my son was first born. Hes 3 now and he loves going to the office especially for the stickers. I gave recommended him to my relatives that mow bring their kids to him. The office is great and its nice to be known by first name. I really like everyone there. Thanks guys! Maria

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

My son has been seeing Dr Weiss since birth and now I am having my second child. We can always get an appointment when we need one. Everyone there is great. Dr Weiss is great with my son and I will continue to use him with my new baby!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. Weiss has been just wonderful with our kids. They love seeing him, and I think his advice has been right on and helpful. He certainly listens and hears my concerns, and is a great doctor. I'd easily recommend him, and his staff is always helpful, too.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Weiss is always interested in our family and seems to remember everything about each of our family members. His diagnoses have been spot on for which we are most appreciative especially as relates to our daughter. He has counseled wisely and has not alarmed me when we have had a difficult situation. I think some people may misread his behavior as seeming aloof when that just seems to be how he is when he is thinking or concentrating. I have no hesitancy in highly recommending him or his office.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

My daughter was scheduled for an appointment at 10:20. However, she was not seen until 11:30. I waited an hour and a half for a 10 minute visit. What a joke.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Dr. Shelley E. Weiss's response
We're sorry to hear you and your daughter had to wait longer than usual for a scheduled visit at our office. We respect our patients' time, and understand how frustrating long waits can be. We do try our best, long waits are very unusual at our office, but occasionally there are times when emergencies and other patients set our schedule back. Additionally, we are in the middle of flu season, so there are times when we cannot avoid having patients wait. When there's an issue with a client's schedule and they can't wait, however, we always go out of our way to schedule a later appointment that works with that person's schedule. You will find this happens at most medical offices, especially during this time of year. Again, we're sorry you were inconvenienced. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact our office.

Submitted October 29, 2014

I like Dr Weiss and continue to take my daughter there even after she's off Medicaid. He's they type that doesn't rush to antibiotics and gives better ways of curing ailments than medication. The staff always remembers my daughter, and they call to see how she's doing after her visit. The wait time does get a little crazy sometimes, but the minutes seem longer when your child is sick.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Dr Weiss was great. My daughter see's him and loved him. He took his time and answered all my questions. I will definitely keeping bring her back!!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

dr. wiess is an arrogant pig. i would never take my child to him again

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr. Shelley E. Weiss's response
I do not know who wrote this comment, and I am so surprised to read this review. If I came across as arrogant, I apologize. On the contrary, I view myself as merely a partner in medical care. We strive to foster caring and trusting relationships with our smallest patients and their parents. If your child is indeed a patient of ours, we would like to discuss your concerns with you. Please give us a call. We would be happy to speak with you.

Submitted February 11, 2015

I picked dr. Weiss as he was the only pediatrician at medical city accepting Medicaid as secondary insurance. I wanted to drop him the moment he came to see us after delivery but I was too exhausted to look for someone else so I gave him a chance. Stayed with him for 6 weeks and couldn't take it any more. Very arrogant and condescending attitude, zero listening skills and compassion for either a mother or child. Also, terrible wait time then rushed actual visit. Would not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

Dr. Shelley E. Weiss's response
I am sorry that you fee this way, and I apologize if I came across at all as condescending. I try to help and advise my patients and to work with them for the best care for the child. I do indeed listen to the parents, as I often depend on their history and their input to give me the best picture of the child's health. I understand how exhausting it is as a new mother, and am sorry you did not bring your concerns to us so we could discuss them. I would still be happy to speak with you if you wish. Please call me at your convenience.

Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr. Shelley E. Weiss's Credentials

• Rush Med Coll Of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 60612 (Grad. 1999)

Champ Va