Ratings for Dr. Richard John Claridge

Dr. Claridge is not easy to talk to - dismisses any thing that you say. Discourages any input from you as to what you are experiencing, things that I would think would assist in his diagnosis and treatment plan. Thought I was getting the best by going to Mayo clinic.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Read the other comment and agree with his bed side manner. He has none. His arrogance makes you afraid to ask a question as he will surely make you feel stupid for even asking. However I do believe he is a good surgeon and respected by the Mayo hospital staff. His PA is extremely kind. Just don't expect Claridge to follow suit. He does not follow the Mayo philosophy of treating people with understanding and respect.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

I had seen two other doctors for my foot pain before. One said Plantars fibroma and fascitis and the other did tarsal tunnel surgery to no avail. Dr Claridge was cocky and gave me a pair of heal cups. They made me better for 1 day then the horrible pain was back. Finally went to another doctor who did a lot of questions and examination of my foot. The problem was a ruptured plantars ligament with scar tissue trapping a nerve. The thing that irritated me about Claridge was I told him I never had heal pain. After further investigation I found out heal gel cups are for extreme pain in the heal which is caused by fat pad atrophy. This doctor has terrible diagnostic skills, does not listen to what you have to say, and is arrogant for no reason. Horrible doctor. Mayo Clinic FIRE HIM.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011