Ratings for Dr. John A. Demopulos

The woman who answers his phone is a total b----. I do not appreciate being talked down to in an insulting way. When I see Dr. D again I will complain loudly about her.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I called about a family members appointment and spoke with Debra. She was rude and impatient and seemed put out by my call. As I was trying to explain about a conflict with the appointment time, she interrupted me, said "hold please" and after 6 minutes I hung up. I see I'm not the first to give Debra a negative review. I wonder why such a well respected physician would tolerate her behavior.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Very disappointed how this doctor has handled my 86 yr old mother. He never answered his page when she was in the ER and when we went for a follow up with him, he wasn't even aware that she had been in the ER or seem to care but just has her to return a month later. She had another bad episode and I called his office before noon...he never returned the call. This is absolutely unacceptable...!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I had a doctor for 30 years and she retired. I had worked at MCD and had knowledge of the way Dr, Demopulos cares for his patients. He is always kind and a very caring person. I picked him out of all the Drs. I knew at MCD. My husband also uses him.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

My grandmother used him for years and she lived to be 92 inspite of a number of ailments due to his care and caring for her. My mother and I also used him. I continue to. I feel he is the best doctor for me but I agree with some of the remarks about the office staff. The nurses are pleasant but on the phone the office staff is rude.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

I work for a patient's insurance company. When I called the office to get more info on a diagnosis on one of their claims, I spoke to Debra. She kept cutting me off & telling me that the diagnosis they used was valid & there was no reason why I shouldn't be able to use it. When I tried to explain our company's policy and why I needed a more descriptive diagnosis code, she would not provide it and continued to be short and rude with me. Because of that, a patient's claim may not be paid properly. Thanks a lot for the help! I'm sure the patient would be happy to hear about your refusal to help the insurance company in paying their claim.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Absolutely the best family doctor we have had in our 53 years of marriage. He takes care of my husband, me and my 90 year old mother-in-law. He is so compassionate, kind and never rushes you. His staff is also the very best, always pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

The best primary care physcian I have ever had. He truly pays attention to you and never rushes you.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

Dr. Demopulos is the best doctor I've ever had. I like him so much that when my company switched from BCBS to UHC I kept going to him even though he isn't on their preferred list. He is the most compassionate doctor and his staff is equally helpful and responsive. I've sent several friends to him and they have all loved him as well.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

attentive, down to earth, helped put me (new patient) at ease. seems very knowledgeable, was glad he was referred and on our insurance.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009

Dr. John A. Demopulos's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1989)