Ratings for Dr. Daniel J. Tomes

Dr. Tomes and his staff both at his practice and Southwest Lincoln Surgery center were wonderful to deal with. I was in so much pain for about two months and felt immediate relief after surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Tomes if anyone is experiencing lower back pain.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Dr Tomes and his staff really helped my mother. she was in a lot of back pain and didn't know what to do. He gave us a lot of options, finally deciding on surgery, and she felt great after. I loved the front office girls, they were always sweet whenever I came in or called. Would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Was on time and offered options so I could make an informed decision. If you want someone to hold your hand and cry with you about your pain, not the guy, no neurosurgeon is. If you want someone who knows what he is doing and trust that he will take care of you, then this is the guy.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Terrible Dr I would not recommend Hopfully he will be in pain someday then he will no what its like. wast of money and time.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

All he wanted to do was boast about himself and recite rhetorical generalities instead of actually listening to my specific issues. It was so ironic because he mentioned "how important listening to the patient was" several times but then would barely let me talk! There is a disconnect between what Dr. Tomes talks about and what he actually does. I felt completely unheard and as if he wasn't interested in actually helping me. A rudely dismissive and narcissistic man. Avoid if you want help.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Extremely rude and condescending. Refused to answer questions. He did not seem concerned for the patient, but rather overly proud of his qualifications.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Not sure why a few found him rude I think he was very understanding, took the time to explain and cover over my MRI in full detail. Surgery went great and came to see me several times to check on me. Office staff was great highly recommend and I would use him again if I would need too. A++++ in my book. Thanks for saving me from all the pain.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

I found Dr Tomes to be rude and in a rush to leave the room. He was getting what appeared to be upset cause I was asking questions. He didn't want to explains stuff to me. He acted Like my pain was no big deal to him. He also was upset my family doctor referred me to him. He said my doctor should of tried things first. I guess if ur not made of money then Dr Tomes doesn't care. Doesn't matter that us working people in low income families work our butts off.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

My mother was in an accident and taken to a hospital in Lincoln, NE. Mr. Tomes was one of the doctors brought in to consult on her case. She is low income with no insurance and all he did was provide a consultation and charge about nine times more than anyone else. I would be ok with that if I felt like we got something special for it but what we got was a doctor more concerned with when she is going to pay him than he ever was concerned with doing something to earn that pay, aside from getting a doctorate. If I describe more of how we were treated by his practice I am sure people will think I am bitter and making things up. So let me just say this, consider matching the hospital low income assistance means if you get assistance they will threaten collections and payment plan means you have until they finish the collections paperwork to come up with the money. If you have good insurance and pay in advance he may actually act like a doctor but I didn't see it.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2013

He did a great job. Got rid of all my back and leg pain. My pain was a 10, taking four heavy dose pain pills a day. Now I have no pain.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Dr. Daniel J. Tomes's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)