Ratings for Dr. Julene Ricks-Ngwayah

I am very dissapointed in this doctor. The first time I met her, she seemed very nice, and spent time to answer my questions. However, at my follow-up visit, she rushed me, talked over my questions, and generally failed to listen to and address my concerns. In addition, when getting the printout of my visit at check-out, she wrote an incorrect diagnosis on my chart, and I had to make several phone calls to follow up about it. When my call was finally returned, she did not call herself, but relayed a confusing message through her medical assistant and the issue is still not resolved. I would go elsewhere for an endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Dr. Ricks is very personable. She greeted my daughter and me warmly and introduced herself. She listened to my daughter and me and we did not feel rushed. She was more thorough in her lab testing than a very expensive University of Chicago endocrinologist we saw a year ago.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

Poor bedside manner, poor attitude, doesn't listen, incorrectly wrote script for 10,000 lancets. She said "don't worry about it". Can't get appts for 2 months. Go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011