Ratings for Dr. Michael Z. Blumberg

Great Dr. been seeing for 20 years listens and is on the market for treatment.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

Dr. Blumberg may have a lot of knowledge, he just doesn't take the time to communicate that knowledge. He wasn't much help, nor one of his nurse practitioners, Stephanie. Pretty much all the staff seems miserable and aren't friendly. Stephanie is always rushed, and it shows. She's quick to give attitude, in fact she told me "that's cool" when I requested my records because she seemed very unhappy to be talking to me, much less spend time to explain a very serious condition that warranted time. Everytime I needed an appointment, the waits were very long. Nurses took forever to call back with questions. The whole Midlothian office is a disaster. I'm searching for a new allergist. Hopefully their staff will find caring for others as their top priority, as it should be.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Excellent physician... has been taking care of me and my family for the past 30 years! Only see him a couple of times a year now since he has basically taught me to manage my asthma on my own. Excellent communicator, he really listens and a lot of times I treatable over the phone since he has shown me signs to look for and what to do when I have an asthma flare. He's given me the "do's and do not's" to manage asthma and allergy symptoms. I hope he never retires... he's a God sent.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Well, Dr. Blumberg might be one of the best in his field in the Richmond area, but his manner - bedside or otherwise- left alot to be desired. He wasted not a word, didn't seem to want to listen to symptoms, and seemed impatient at best. His staff had trouble reading his handwriting, which was the worst I had ever seen. Yet, he didn't seem approachable even to the staff. I don't need handholding but this guy was just plan rude. Perhaps he should retire.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

had to wait for 1 hour in the waiting room, the receptionist was rude and spent most of the time on the phone with her mother (I heard her greeting when she answered her cell phone); the nurses in the back were helpful but rushed, and I didnt get a great explanation for my condition, he just gave me some samples and a prescription and sent me on my way, he told me to follow up 2 or 3 weeks with the nurse practioner

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

I have been going to see him for 18 years now and he is a great doctor. First diagnosed me with asthma at age 7 and I have barely have symptoms these days. I am currently doing immunotherapy for my allergies and is working well! Great doctor, always remembers you, very personable, shows he cares about your health.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

excellent,professional and really know his field..has a great sense of humor

flag | Submitted October 22, 2008

i like blumberg a lot. you come into his office because you're just feeling genrally sick and really can't describe it. you know it's allergy-based. he completely fixed me up. tested accurately for every allergen known to man, prescribed allegra and when i had more problems, prescribed allergy shots (immunotherapy). i no longer have all the health problems i came to him with. personable, professional and he'll get you feeling better.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2006

Dr. Michael Z. Blumberg's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1971)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union