Ratings for Dr. Gary L. Tunell

Met Dr. Tunell yesterday. We drove from Lufkin. I had been having severe headaches etc. They booked my appointment quickly. I met with him, he was very thorough and has a sense of humor. He listened to my concerns and I felt he checked my concerns thoroughly. He got me in for an MRI that day , and by the time we walked in the door back in Lufkin ( same day )Dr. Tunell called and gave results. I recommend him for putting my mind at ease, being thorough, efficient, and being extremely personable.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I have been waiting for a return call for over a month regarding my medication that Dr. Tunell prescribed. Spoke to someone in his office yesterday who assured me she would call my pharmacy and get the directions corrected. That didn't happen and they are closed today so it will be three more days before I can get in touch (hopefully) with someone. So far, I'm not impressed!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I found him to be very professional, very thorough and had very good patient relations. He was punctual, helpful and knowledgable. I was pawned off on a PA by staff, but had issues and will not see her again. I will see Dr. Tunell. I think he is the best you will find.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Dr. Tune ll misdiagnosed me & made my situation worse. Thank God I found another neurologist. I would not recommend him at all !

flag | Submitted November 10, 2012

I just recently saw Dr. Tunell and was very pleased with every part of the visit. I did not experience any rude members of staff and Dr. Tunell was one of the best doctors I have ever been to in regards to his willingness to explain everything and having a genuine concern, like the other person said, for the root of the problem. I got my test results from an MRI the next day along with a phone call from him to answer a question I had. I couldn't be happier with the experience at this facility.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

It is like the office staff TRIES to put road blocks in front of you. I tried for a week to get a new patient appointment and have given up. They dont do what they say they are going to and are argumentative and just plain rude. It doesn't matter if the man is brilliant, if his office staff doesn't care, how much could he really?

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

When I first started seeing Dr. Tunell I was very happy with him. Now I have been pawned off on his assistant. With their new system you cannot talk to the nurse anymore you have to talk to the very rude people who answer the phone and wait for them to get a message to them. If you have any tests done aparantly you have to wait weeks to get them back. Very frustrated.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

Very good doctor, spends a lot of time explaining things and making sure you understand. Very knowledgeable and caring. Easy to talk to and is great for doing followups.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

During a bout with Bells Paulsey we saw Dr. Tunnell. He was extremely thorough and took the time to sit and discuss the condition and he also found a possible complication due to scoliosis. I was very happy with him and felt like he wanted to find the root all of my issues and not just throw a prescription at it.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2010

Dr. Gary L. Tunell's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

HealthFirst