Ratings for Dr. Dorothy J. Park

I took my 4 year old in for his first exam and every staff member from the receptionist and the technician to the accounts payable person were all so exceptional. My son felt so at ease with these sweet ladies! Dr Park was marvelous, and took the time to explain things to me and kid around with my son. Exceptional Dr! Exceptional staff! Wonderful office!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

Super friendly and great chair side manner. Takes time to answer questions. Professional and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Friendly. Took her time. Patience. Staff was very nice. This was my first visit and I am more than satisfied with services and prices.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

I am so happy that I chose to try Dr. Park and her office. Everyone was so accommodating and I helpful. Dr. Park was very thorough and answered all my questions (and I had a lot!). I finally found a home for my eyes!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr Park has a new associate who is wonderful as well. The staff continue to be fun-loving and helpful in every way. I will always recommend this practice for thorough eye care and punctual attention to all our needs.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Park for 15+ years. Even though I have moved a good distance away from her office she is still my eye Doc. I trust her with my vision, eye glasses, cataracts, detached retina and now glaucoma. She is a dedicated, knowledgeable and concerned Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

When it comes to healthcare, I am quite particular and exponentially more stringent in my choices than I am with a restaurant. If you have bad wait staff, no big deal, comparatively, if you have a bad doctor, it is your health at stake. Dr. Park is extremely thorough, professional as well as very down to earth. She really takes her time. I have been to her office several times for my 12 year old granddaughter's new patient exam, eye glass fitting and ordering her second pair of glasses and each occasion she and her wonderful staff spent time listening, educating and showed genuine compassion for the issues at hand. I feel that she wants to help my granddaughter see well yet she is also looking out for her long term eye care and health. She is articulate and able to answer my questions - and I ask a ton of questions. Even my phone calls were also received with kindness and ease. Her staff truly collaborated with me in making sure my granddaughter gets the best fit and personal choice of style eye glass frames possible. We both feel comfortable telling Dr. Park and her staff about our concerns. They also don't try to rip you off by up selling features or lens processing that you don't actually need. Yes, the office building is dated, as another comment noted, however, there is much beauty, integrity, wisdom and phileō love within to get passed the "cover of the book." Because of the positive experiences at Dr. Dorothy J. Park & Associates, my husband and I will drive nearly an hour making her office the new home for our eye care needs and continue to highly recommend this office to others. BIG thanks to this fantastic group of people! Sandi R. Lake Wateree

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I cannot thank Dr. Park and her team enough for all that they did for my fiance. When other offices were too busy to see him, they offered him an appointment immediately. Once we arrived for what we thought would be a regular "debris in eye" visit, they found his eye pressure to be dangerously high and kept him for observation and treatment for 2 hours until they were comfortable with his pressures coming down. If it weren't for them, he would still be walking around with extremely high pressure due to glaucoma and slowly damaging his optic nerves and going blind. They were all very caring, concerned and very professional. There is not one negative thing I can say about our experience and I highly recommend anyone to visit this office for their next check up. And incidentally, my fiance is only 38 and has glaucoma, so please look after your eye health, and have regular check ups. Don't wait until there is a problem because glaucoma is undetectable without a thorough eye exam.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Park and her wonderful staff for a couple of years now and could not be happier with the care I have received. Dr. Park is very caring and took her time with me. She gave me a very detailed eye exam considering my family history of eye problems. Tiffany and Koty were both caring young women who answered any questions that I had. Mary offered a rebate for my contacts as I checked out. Steve is Dr. Park's optician,(and keeps patients and staff laughing all day)who offers a huge variety of frames and options on your lenses to suit any need you could have. Dr. Park carries many brands of contacts (the Dr. I went to before her only carried three brands for my astigmatism) and was able to fit me with a new brand. My lenses were updated (minus the old fashioned bi-focal) and Steve picked out a beautiful frame for me. The office is very cozy, not clinical, which I like very much. Dr. Park has all of the most up to date equipment. I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Prior to Dr. Parks was Dr. Crook. Everyone is so nice. Not sure about the other negative reviews but Parks has always made me feel at home. Very concerned with the patients. She has never interrupted me while we conversed. Hand washing I am pretty sure I see her do it when she walks in the examination room. I have an appointment coming up so I may watch for that. My cost included contacts (90day) and co-pay. You cant beat that. Other than that, I am a happy camper. Love it!!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

Dr. Dorothy J. Park's Credentials

• University Alabama Birmingham - School Of Optometry (Grad. 1987)

• Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
UnitedHealthcare