Ratings for Dr. James J. YUE

Saw Dr for severe spinal stenosis and spondylothesis - a few other docs had suggested a one level fusion and wanted to see if Yue could provide relief through smaller surgery. Seems like a good guy and very knowledgeable, but in 2 visits has never asked about my activity level, which concerns me greatly. I'm very active even with the pain,etc, and its critical I can get there again post surgery. Odd that he never addressed it, not sure if I'll continue with him.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

I'm a 48 year old male who has had back pain since at least 22 years old as I can remember. I used to be very active, baseball, basketball, jogging 365 days a year. Major stenosis had left me so feeble I could hardly stand for more than 3 minutes . Dr Yue commented that he was amazed I wasn't in more pain He ordered an emergency operation within 5 days upon seeing an MRI I'm on day 62 post op and my condition is great. I stand and walk upright , which is a change. First week after operation my wife stated that she has never seen me walk upright, normal like this Dr Yue was never anything but upfront and honest with me, even when going over all the things that could go wrong with the surgery. His staff is great also. Always makes me feel comfortable when I visit for followups I wasted 6 years getting spinal epidermal injections that kept me From getting the help I needed. It made me fat and masked the real Problems. I wish I went straight to Dr Yue back then I would recommend Dr Yue to everybody. Great guy too

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

I wanted the DePry Replacement Disc and received one thru a clinical trial. I was very lucky. Dr. Yue did an excellent job. He is the very very best.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2013

Phenomenal Dr. Spent plenty of time with me and listened to me then performed a brilliant 7 hr repair of my L5-S1. 12 weeks later I have no pain at all. Period. None. I am not allowed to run YET, but feel like I can. Dr says I will run again in 6 more months. I should have seen him first 8 years ago. He is brilliant. I talked to many of his former patients as well as OR nurses and radiologists and other Orthos and they all concur.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

Dr. James J. YUE's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1992)

MSP/BC Med