Ratings for Dr. Francis J. O'Donnell

This doctor is very dismissive and condescending as others have stated. He may have some knowledge regarding his profession but does not know how to share it with kindness at all. I decided to take a 3 month family leave in the fall of 2016 from my work due to ongoing migraines and asked him to complete paperwork for FLA. He had me give to his assistant and 2 months later I get a call from my employer that they never rcvd the paperwork. When I contacted dr's office to check on, I was told Dr O'Donnell denied the completion of the paperwork. I would have been fine with this had someone from his office contacted me to advise me of this. I could have then turned my resignation in instead of stringing my employer along. It's only common courtesy to advise the patient of this and keep them in the loop. Very impersonal and I will not be going back...look for another doctor to help you as this one probably wont.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I have never met a more condescending and dismissive doctor in my life. He kept mansplaining. He kept leaving and giving me survey's about my mood, and about how I could move and do task. I do not recommend him to anyone. I get the feeling its about turn around.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Would give a zero if I could. Ditto everything everyone else has said here. If you don't fit in his check box and get better with routine treatment you're unstable or aggressive. Especially abusive towards women patients. He doesn't listen and has ZERO compassion. Why is he even a Dr?

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Definitely knows what he is talking about! Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Never see this doctor again. Not caring, impersonal, rude! Was in for my daughter who is a teenage. He was so condescending, belittled her and wouldn't let her speak. When I asked any questions he ignored my question and continued with his thoughts. We felt like he already diagnosed my daughter before entering the room. His diagnosis was different than two other doctors. By the time we left my daughter was in tears and I had to contact her therapist. Awful experience!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Impersonalable,not caring,prescribed medication with no diagnosis,escorted out by dr. while I was having a situation while I was in the office,told me it was nothing to be concerned about even though my MRI showed that I had several abnormal lympnodes, I don't feel as he read the report from the radiologist.Placed on sleeping pills, even though that wasn't the problem.Ended up in the hospital about ten days later diagnosis with mantle cell cancer, which showed on the radiologist report I handed to him 10 days earlier.I read the report myself and was able to tell something was abnormal.That's why I made an appt. with my doctor about five days after my visit with Dr.O'donnell. She had received my report and did blood work at that appt., by the following Monday I was in the hospital.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Would never recommend this doctor! He doesn't take the time to listen. Comes across as pompous and condescending. As a patient you're coming to him unwell and possibly scared, he just doesn't seem to care. He does not give any explanation of symptoms or even describe his medication prescribed or diagnosis.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2012

I would never usually take the time to fill something like this out, however in this case I must let everyone know that this is the worst doctor I have ever had in 45 years. I went ahead with my appointment hoping that the other 2 just had a bad experience but the majority of the patients could be happy, and it was a huge mistake. The other two are right on the money. He is rude, arrogant and interupts every 10 seconds. He had me complete questionaire's for ADHD, Anxiety or Depression and never commented on my responses. Instead sent me out the door with two perscriptions that I had to ask my pharmist to explain to me, because the doctor just gave me the technical terminology and was very condascending. He does not believe in getting to the root of the problem, just sent me packing within 15 minutes with seizure medication and something else for pain.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

You get an exact 7mins of time. Doesn't listen, emergency rooms can never find him. Very arrogant, rude and thoughtless...a real ****. Self serving and looking for fame vs treating pts.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Very rude, not knowledgeable at all, not interested in test results or records. DOES NOT LISTEN! W/o knowing history or symptoms tries giving you several depression tests. Would not recommend. Wants to pump w/meds instead of helping or getting to the problem.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2010

Dr. Francis J. O'Donnell's Credentials

• Kirksville Coll Of Osteo Med, Kirksville Mo 63501 (Grad. 1985)

(General) - Hmo