Ratings for Dr. Francis J. O'Donnell

Would give a zero if I could. Ditto everything everyone else has said here. If you don't fit in his check box and get better with routine treatment you're unstable or aggressive. Especially abusive towards women patients. He doesn't listen and has ZERO compassion. Why is he even a Dr?

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Definitely knows what he is talking about! Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Never see this doctor again. Not caring, impersonal, rude! Was in for my daughter who is a teenage. He was so condescending, belittled her and wouldn't let her speak. When I asked any questions he ignored my question and continued with his thoughts. We felt like he already diagnosed my daughter before entering the room. His diagnosis was different than two other doctors. By the time we left my daughter was in tears and I had to contact her therapist. Awful experience!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Impersonalable,not caring,prescribed medication with no diagnosis,escorted out by dr. while I was having a situation while I was in the office,told me it was nothing to be concerned about even though my MRI showed that I had several abnormal lympnodes, I don't feel as he read the report from the radiologist.Placed on sleeping pills, even though that wasn't the problem.Ended up in the hospital about ten days later diagnosis with mantle cell cancer, which showed on the radiologist report I handed to him 10 days earlier.I read the report myself and was able to tell something was abnormal.That's why I made an appt. with my doctor about five days after my visit with Dr.O'donnell. She had received my report and did blood work at that appt., by the following Monday I was in the hospital.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Would never recommend this doctor! He doesn't take the time to listen. Comes across as pompous and condescending. As a patient you're coming to him unwell and possibly scared, he just doesn't seem to care. He does not give any explanation of symptoms or even describe his medication prescribed or diagnosis.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2012

I would never usually take the time to fill something like this out, however in this case I must let everyone know that this is the worst doctor I have ever had in 45 years. I went ahead with my appointment hoping that the other 2 just had a bad experience but the majority of the patients could be happy, and it was a huge mistake. The other two are right on the money. He is rude, arrogant and interupts every 10 seconds. He had me complete questionaire's for ADHD, Anxiety or Depression and never commented on my responses. Instead sent me out the door with two perscriptions that I had to ask my pharmist to explain to me, because the doctor just gave me the technical terminology and was very condascending. He does not believe in getting to the root of the problem, just sent me packing within 15 minutes with seizure medication and something else for pain.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

You get an exact 7mins of time. Doesn't listen, emergency rooms can never find him. Very arrogant, rude and thoughtless...a real ****. Self serving and looking for fame vs treating pts.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Very rude, not knowledgeable at all, not interested in test results or records. DOES NOT LISTEN! W/o knowing history or symptoms tries giving you several depression tests. Would not recommend. Wants to pump w/meds instead of helping or getting to the problem.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2010

Dr. Francis J. O'Donnell's Credentials

• Kirksville Coll Of Osteo Med, Kirksville Mo 63501 (Grad. 1985)

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Would give a zero if I could. Ditto everything everyone else has said here. If you don't fit in his check box and get better with routine treatment you're unsta..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Definitely knows what he is talking about! Very knowledgeable."

November 13, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Never see this doctor again. Not caring, impersonal, rude! Was in for my daughter who is a teenage. He was so condescending, belittled her and wouldn't let h..."

October 13, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=2337270'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 6, 2014