Ratings for Dr. Alberto Yonfa

My issue with Dr. Yonfa was that he said he had felt a lump in my breast and informed me to get a mammogram,so I got one. What he didn't tell me was that he was going to code it as a screening (optional). Because my insurance only pays for medically necessary procedures, the insurance denied the claim and I ended up paying hundreds of dollars out of my pocket. If he would have told me it was a not necessary I wouldn't have gotten it. However, he gave me the strong impression it was medically necessary. His office told me "of course it was medically necessary and the proof is that you had to do it again (which was covered by my insurance), but we aren't going to change the coding to reflect the necessity of it, the insurance should just know." They don't. He is nice, but he doesn't read the chart from the year before. He forgot why he gave me a prescription and tried to change it to something that could kill me. I had to remind of why I couldn't take the new perscription.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

He is extremly smart. He sits down with you after the visit and talks about the problem. He is gentle during exams, and also lists to you.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

He has been my doctor for going on 30 years and I will continue to go to him until he retires. He is awesome!!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

I have been going to him for years and I would highly recommend him. He is very kind and he makes sure that you understand everything.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2008

I have gone to this doctor for many years and he always is compassionate and helpful. I have a disorder that doctors don't seem to know much about (Interstitial Cystitis) and he has been very kind to me and has helped me more than a urologist.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2007

He is a great and kind man first and foremost. Great doctor. His nurse could be more patient with the patients but he makes up for it.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2007

Dr. Yonfa is very percise and spents time with patient explaining problem. Does the necessary test to determine problem.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2006

Dr. Alberto Yonfa's Credentials

• Univ Central Del Ecuador, Esc De Med, Fac De Cien Med, Quito, Ecuador (Grad. 1968)

Healthnet