Ratings for Dr. Catherine N. Roush

I was given misinformation EVERY SINGLE TIME I SAW THEM! I finally transferred to another doctor who let me see my actual records and I was in shock! Don't let the decor fool you...!! I was told very incorrect, inaccurate info, not once but twice! Horrible!! Find someone competent!!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

The womens group was great. I saw Dr Roush in 2005 while pregnant. She made me feel so uncomfortable. I prayed she wouldnt be the delivering doctor of my son. Unfortunately she was on call the weekend I was induced for Pupps. I went into labor at about 7am. I started pushing at 620pm. I pushed for 3 agonizing hours. Dr Roush was on her phone in and out of the room. At one point she was watching tv in the delivery room. After each contraction I would push and pass out. I had nursing surrounding me helping and the head was crowned but he just was not coming out. After 3 hours my mom was done because Dr. Roush did not check me 1 time to see what the issue was. My mom then went to the doctor and said either you delivery my grandson or give me your gloves and ill deliver him. Dr Roush then came over to me FINALLY checked me. Cut me and the baby popped out. He was unable to open his eyes and had a V shape bruising on his forehead for 2 years. He now suffers from frontal lobe damage that has impacting his learning. Dr Roush lied and said his shoulders were stuck. LIAR. As soon as my son has a neurologist confirm her careless delivery led to his disability she will get yet another Malpractice suit added to her belt. The Womens group needs to buy her out.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

I am shocked at the previous comments about Dr.Roush. She has been my OB/GYN since 2006 annd have nothing but a great experience. My baby was born on 9/28/6 had great care thru out the pregnancy and awesome delivery. Since then I have been seen there yearly and sometimes inbetween for some issues I prefer not to put out there. Yes the wait time is a lil long but well worth it for great care. I trust Dr. Roush with the Care of my 16yr old baby sister. Great bedside manner accurate diagnosis Treatment plans office staff polite and helpful. Im sorry for all of those incidents below but to each its own. Thank you Dr. Roush and staff for all you do on a daily basis.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Rousch by my obgyn to receive a Colpo and Biopsy after I received bad results on a pap. Dr. Roush was arrogant, dismissive, and condescending. She became annoyed when I challenged her asking for a second pap after my Colpo and Biopsy returned negative results. I asked for a second pap because her recommendation was a cervical conization which I felt was too invasive after receiving negative results and I wanted further testing done before I jumped the gun. I requested a referral and saw Dr. Kirby(Gynecological oncologist) instead.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Have to agree with some of these ladies. Went in for my ob check at around 7 months. I felt horribly rushed. They called me to ask if I would come early to my appointment, no problem. Told them I had an ultrasound. Got there, office staff mostly unfriendly and cold. The doctor wanted to see me before the ultrasound, I asked doesn't she want to review it?? I went to the ultrasound, they came looking for me. I was done, the sonogram lady came to look for me..said she forgot something. The medical assistant wouldn't let me back to the sonogram room because the doctor was in a rush. My visit with her was cold and rushed too. Not a lot of warmth there with her. Never did get to scan my cervix. I would not recommend this doctor. Sorry. Better ones to see at the Woman's Group if you have to go-which I also don't recommend-pick someone else for sure!!!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

we were told that we had a very high risk that our baby had Trisomy 18 a genetic disorder. Roush wanted to do amniocentesis and it that was the only option. The first puncture did not go well so she punctured me twice. horribly painful & doubled my risk. This caused my water to break within two hours. at the hospital I was put on antibiotics for infections. a high risk pregnancy doctor was called to speak to me about our options. he let me know was that because I had a placenta previa this could have been a false positive for Trisomy 18. If I knew this from Dr. Roush, I would have NEVER considered the amnio. Two weeks later we received the results of the amnio: it was a perfectly normal healthy baby girl. I dont have the ability to express how angry I am with Dr. Roush's arrogance and lack of education to at least have advised me to have a high risk ultrasound and consult with a high risk doctor before amniocentesis. Please save yourself the heartache and find a better doctor!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

DO NOT ever go to The Womens Group. this is where I went to see Dr. Roush. I had HPV and a Colpo performed, I was never called back. I had to call back numerous times to get any answer on results. I was never told I needed check ups every 6 months. Now years later I am suffering very seriously because I didn't know I was supposed to get check ups every 6 months with HPV thanks to the doctor not making me aware. That aside, my friend and I who went to The Women's Group were never called back - the wait is long, and the treatment is horrible. I will never go here again.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

I wish I had read the other reviews before seeing this rushed, disinterested doctor. I spent over an hour waiting (much of that time in the frigid examination room), and when I saw her, she barely made eye contact with me. It's sad that healthcare these days is such a business -- seemingly little regard for patients' individual needs and great concern for money. It's especially sad for a doctor in this particular field would be so impersonable...or maybe I'm not a profitable enough patient since I'm not sick/pregnant?

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

Very knowledgeable on laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomies. Did a wonderful job. Very concerned with patient's concerns. Had oncologist in OR to do frozen section immediately during surgery so I did not have to wait for the results.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010

Dr. Catherine N. Roush's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1997)