Ratings for Dr. Patrice Alves

I saw Dr. Alves when I couldn't get in to see Dr. Clemons. Dr. Alves was so great. I ask A LOT of questions and he answered everyone of them. I also like to be well informed on things and he took time to explain all of his thoughts about whatever it was I was there for. I moved to Austin and have been struggling to find another doctor as good as him.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Dr. Alves is very sure of himself and very argumentative with patient opinion. I am new in town; told him chronic back pain, he said surgery without ANY further info about diagnosis or willingness to engage conversation about other alternatives. Did not offer physical therapy as option. Refused to discuss my prolific night sweats - possibly because I am 69 and he considers this normal for older women. The lab personnel were very rude, and Dr. Alves nurse was unfriendly. I will not return.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2013

I went to see dr. Alves because I had chills body aches and flu like symptoms, Dr Alves sent me home with Tylenol and sure enough I got really sick on the weekend throat infection and a sever cough that none of the over the counter medicine could help me. My impression is that dr. Alves doesn't want to give you any prescribed medicine unless you are having a temperature of 100 or higher. It would have been nice to have a doctor that can detect an illness before it gets out of control and not wait until you are really sick. Now my weekend has been ruined an I will have to call in sick on Monday so that I can go see a real doctor and will give me the medicine that I should have been given on Friday. I would't recommend dr. Alves

flag | Submitted December 23, 2012

Dr. Patrice Alves's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1997)