Ratings for Dr. James M. BUDD

My family and I have been going to Dr. Budd for the past 9 years ONLY for the location convenience and because of our insurance. He has a very dry personality and can be VERY sarcastic most times. He talks at you and not too you. He told me that my 5 year old needed to wear glasses every day for the rest of her life due to a lazy eye that could NOT be corrected. A year later she was complaining that her glasses gave her a headache and that she couldn't see clearly. When I took her back to Dr. Budd and he examined her, her prescription had changed DRASTICALLY and not she only needs glasses for reading. When I questioned him about his previous diagnoses; he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "things change". The kicker for me was yesterday when I stopped in to pick up my contact lenses; I said directly to him, "Happy Holidays", he simply walked away.BUT he had just said it to the guy in front of me AND HE initiated it.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2012

I've been going to Dr. budd for 3 years now. In my opinion, he's not incredibly helpful and relies greatly on machines rather than a doctor's expertise. When asked why my child's eyesight had worstened he had no explanation (I got answers from my pediatrician thankfully). He pushes his expensive products, which I've found by shopping around are greatly overpriced. I'll take my business for myself and my children elsewhere from now on.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

Dr. James M. BUDD's Credentials

• Pennsylvania College Of Optometry (Grad. 1984)

Wellpoint