Ratings for Dr. Peter A. BLUME

Dr Blume and his staff are very professional. He preformed surgery on both my feet and the care t received was excellent

flag | Submitted May 9, 2019

Back in 2015, Dr Blume saved my foot. As time went on, I started getting chronic foot ulcers and he started getting short with , almost blaming me for these issues. One day, he was overbooked and barely came in and spoke with me giving me an attitude. I walked out in tears. I called his office to complain and that was when they told me he had 14 additional patients...well it is no excuse to treat a patient that way...in that last year, he threatened amputation more than a few times...after that final day I was done. I now found a very caring , experienced doctor who has never threatened amputation and I still have my foot! I had always applauded Dr Blume for saving my foot, but now I will never go back to him! oh and his entire staff acts like robots and you can feel the tension with his staff.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2019

It's surprising to see reviews that weren't even close to my experience. Long waits, 5 minutes at most with the doctor. Not a very good bedside manner at all. Never looked at my feet while standing or walking. Not a good experience at all.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2019

Always discussed treatment, listened attentively, frequent use of X-rays and illustrations to explain physiology of the problem area. Best attribute is that he performs the surgery and personally sees you for follow-up visits. Staff is efficient and friendly.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2019

Dr. Peter Blume is superb! The Best All The Way Around! I highly recommend him. I will return to him in the future to have my other toes/foot operated on. I rated his staff as okay. I understand they are extremely busy, but a hello when they walk in the room, look at you and tell you their name would go along way....

flag | Submitted January 22, 2019

I've had issues with my ankle for years and went to alot of drs. and was told I had a loose ankles, come to find out I needed to have to 2 tendons replaced. I had ankle surgery a year ago and it was the best thing I ever did. Dr. Blume was excellent. I highly recommend him. He is very knowledgeable. The staff was nice and the office is clean. Thank you bunches Dr. Blume, you changed my life.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2019

I have had surgeries 2 other times on the same thing dr blume did 7months ago. First came back within 6 months. 2nd one came back a year after and decided to look for a new doctor .I feel as if he had way more knowledge and concern for me. He sent me through all sorts of testing to see what can be done and in the end he and Dr.Clune worked together and so far pain free and hopefully the fibroma wont come back for at least 10 years. I am still healing and he is still having me come in to monitor me last doctor once my scar healed I was discharged. I would recommend if you dont like your first doctor never settle look for the best and Dr Blume is amazing!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2019

I have had several experiences with Dr Blume over the last several years all of which were serious with my diabetes. One having a foot, if not life threatening bone infection which, upon seeing me in his office, he ordered me into the hospital immediately (same day) for surgery. Excellent office staff made the admission go easily. Many complications ensued regarding my general health so the immediate hospitalization at Yale was definitely the right call. Some bone was removed but thankfully I still have the foot thanks to his salvage skill. I have had another surgery on this foot this year which has totally healed and is pain free thanks to Dr Blume to whom I was again referred by other podiatrists who were out of their league. He is in my opinion the best in his business and my go to guy if any more difficulties arise. He is busy for good reason and some waiting may arise at an appointment but it will be worth the wait.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2018

I also like many patients of Dr Blume's required a very complex surgery in order to repair a torn posterior tibial tendon. I had a fusion procedure with plates and screws and had a cast for 2 months. I am now walking pain free for the first time in 5 years. Thank you Doctor Blume and Yale New Haven Hospital for the great care provided to me. DR Blume's office is very busy and I did have to wait sometimes but it's well worth the wait. I highly recommend Dr Blume and his office staff . He is well known for complex surgery and is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2018

I had the most appalling experience with this doctor: he spent at the most 5 minutes with me, not even looking at my foot, let alone touch it for an exam; then I receive paperwork from my insurance company, with the doctor's "progress notes" attached to it, where he listed, under "physical exam", a series of tests that he claimed he performed, WHICH HE NEVER DID! When confronted, he was defensive and unapologetic, claimed his medical assistant should have done them (yet, he never checked, did he? He just totally made up notes!) and he proceeded to tell me that it wasn't his fault if I broke my foot! On top of that, when I asked for my records, his assistant (one of the many he has without people skills) made it very difficult for me, stating it would take 10 days, and I needed to fill out a release for me (to myself??), which she never faxed me, in spite of many requests, stating MY fax is not working (note: the fax IS working, as faxes kept coming in all day long, but NOT from his office). Obviously, a complaint with the Medical Board will be pending soon.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2018

Dr. Peter A. BLUME's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1992)

MSP/BC Med