Ratings for Dr. Joachim J. Tenuta

A egotistical man who was not helpful at all. After visting him a few times about a humerus fracture midshaft i noticed had angulated malunion and he said it was healing great. three and a half years later i have daily severe nerve pain in my humerus due to a 21 degree bend midshaft. When i said i was going to get a second opinion he very passive aggressively left me in the patient room without even saying goodbye or anything or even expressing his opinion with more detail. He does not care and is a jerk.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

He spent literally one minute with me. This is not an exaggeration. He said the x-rays looked fine and to follow up with physical therapy. After that he tried to shake my hand and walk away and it was me who had to bring up taking prescriptions for the pain and how long I should be out of work. His response? Just do what you feel you can do. Seriously? I came to you for an estimate on how long I should expect to recover. 2 weeks? 2 months? He said he will get me a prescription for something that will help, but never told me what the prescription would be or how to take it. Someone else checking out at the same time as me had the same complaint. He is useless. I scheduled my follow-up with a different doctor.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

Diagnosed with tennis elbow after an x-ray and exam/interview. Received steroid injection in tendon sheath and used ice packs at home after visit. The doctor was available immediately at my appointment time and I arrived 15 min early for paperwork. Doctor was very direct, easy to understand and explained my condition and what I should expect, and to call back in 6 weeks if I still had pain. He was sufficiently friendly. I'm not sure the value of this review since I don't know the outcome yet :) Hope the pain goes and stays away. The Albany Bone and Joint Center seems to run an excellent shop, very efficient experience, from getting off the elevator, front desk check-in, exam, x-ray and exit.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Best orthopedic surgeon in the Capital Region; down to earth, extremely knowledgeable, kind hearted and helpful. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

I went to him after being seen in th er with 4 broken bones in my hand. This is the worst doctor i have ever seen. He spent under a minute with me making stupid jokes and telling me how "tough" he is. I called to cancel my next appt and was told sorry, he was in the military. Not sure what that has to do with his attitude and having no bedside manner or compassion.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

Dr. Joachim J. Tenuta's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Albany, NY