Ratings for Dr. Arthur JONES

Dr. Jones should be avoided. I scheduled with him because he was the only doctor available in his large practice within a month. This should have been the first sign. He put me on a strong antibiotic before trying other antibiotics. When I expressed concern that this would give me yeast infections, he shrugged. I ended up having chronic yeast infections for over a year from his treatment and paid over $5000. He told me repeatedly that I had "minimal" sinusitis and that I should not be having such problems. I went to a second and then a third ENT. They both confirmed that I needed sinus surgery as soon as possible. This guy needs to retire and stop harming people. If you have any other options, do not seek his "care."

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

I have seen Dr. Jones for 7 years for ears. At my latest cleaning, it was extremely painful and he did not seem to care. Did not offer to stop. Granted, I could have stopped him but I trusted his judgment. In hindsight, I should have said 'enough' because the pain was extreme and prolonged. The ordeal lasted approximately 30 minutes. I will never go back to this doctor. He knew that I was in distress and once muttered 'sorry' but that was it. I don't have unusual problems so I'm not sure why this was such an issue. He uses surgical instruments to extract ear wax without prior softening. That's fine but maybe where the patient is in obvious distress, the doctor needs to re-evaluate his method and come up with something else. Also, it took a long time before I was seen. 24 hours later, both ears still hurt. Also, because I was clenching my hands together in pain the whole time, my hands hurt badly today (arthritis). Very bad experience with this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

He did a great job solving my ongoing problem with my sinuses. He figured out the troubles on the first attempt and I'm finally feeling healthy again. He didn't want to give me sinus surgery, which I was scared of. He wasn't the most coddling of dr.'s, he's the type you have to ask questions to get answers, but he definitely knows what he's doing. Overall happy with my experience.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

I've taken my child to Jones several times. Although the original surgery for tube implantation was done well, every experience I and my son have had with this Dr. has been very poor. He acts uninterested in patient concerns, spends as little time as possible with us. In each appointment he has managed be derogatory to either myself or about the physician that referred us to him. I can truly say that Ace Jones will have to be the last ENT physician left in Boise before I would let him share so much as another single moment of either my son or I's life.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

flag | Submitted August 26, 2010

Dr. Arthur JONES's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

Ameritas