Ratings for Dr. Julianne S. Kirkham

If you are expecting her input to determine a disability DON'T. Thankfully she was so far off base in her evaluation of myself that my doctors who referred me to her did not concur. However it didn't stop her from trying to block my SS Disability approval. She failed terribly in her effort and less than two weeks after my 1st initial denial for my SS, (which resulted from a TBI sustained by being struck by a moving vehicle and resulted in a coma) she dismissed my claim (which ironically MGH now Duke Life point), was the hospital that I was rushed to many years prior and instead documented me as a liar, manipulative, deceitful, and purposely misleading, and was aware of my ability to make even the best doctors to believe me. I was not aware of this however I did have one doctor who told me flat out that he totally disagreed with her and documented such. She had no hesitation in her findings which I am now thankful for as if I were able to provide my medical records and the finding SS concluded as to going so far as to; wonder how a medical professional with her degrees, familiar with the testing and evaluation of these, how she formed her conclusion. They had wrote that it was based on her opinion that led to my being denied and after being requested to take a closer look into my records did they realize that 4 separate doctors hired by SS throughout my qualification process did ANY of their findings come close to hers. They questioned how and why her findings were misleading and questioned what basis or testing she based her findings on. She was described with very colorful adjectives and was critiqued and repeatedly insulted. After reviewing my hospital records and the individual doctors they hired that the findings were FULLY FAVORABLE on my behalf and I was indeed DISABLED beyond the definition they required. If I were able to post my documentation in its entirety I would, and considering how difficult it is to get approved for disability, and the less than two week reversal of my denial goes a long way to explain her malpractice and inability to put personal and professional feelings in check. She had even contacted SS years after my approval to inform them she felt I was able to work, at my review because of this, I was informed the evaluation would last at least 30 minutes, usually only 45 but can exceed and hour, as to preparing me to how long to set aside for this. I was literally IN and OUT in less than 10 minutes TOTAL, and she told me that she would contact SS immediately before her next appointment and I should hear in about a week to 10 days. I was so nervous when I left and was worried. It was just after 4 pm and two days later I got my letter stating FAVORABLE and my condition had not improved nor was it the impression that it would improve due to the permanent damage I had sustained. That was a while ago and I have received 2 separate letters stating that I am not required to be evaluated to determine if my condition has improved.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I was very taken aback by her,not at first however as she does not demonstrate her true judgemental personna. I only just realized how wrong I was about how she really feels and her true insight about myself. I read her complete records she had on me via medical records request and given her field of profession I was so very hurt and not about what she felt or judgement of me but that she never said any of this to me and if she even came close to her true judgement then she doesn't belong at any medical facility that she is responsible for helping patients whom have sufferred head injuries that involved coma and rehab and non reversible damage. I was there for help and how to find ways to function when I no longer was able to remember,concentrate,comprehend,and deal with stress, and after six years of thinking she was helping me cope and find ways to overcome my trauma it was realized that she has no talent in the psychology field aside from being judgemental and insulting to a fault.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2012

This doctor's office was not at all responsive when I called for assistance. I left several messages with staff before I received a call back. When a prescription was recommended of my current doctor, this information was never faxed to my doctor until I called to complain. When I did call to complain, the staff told me that the doctor thought she had given me the note for my doctor. When I eventually did see the doctor she mentioned nothing of this and used the excuse that my doctor is busy and she had been unable to reach him. When I finally put on the recommended medication and started having sleeping problems, my call to the office was never returned. I instead dealt with my primary doctor. I would not recommend this doctor unless you only want an accessment of the severity of concussion symptoms. Otherwise, a complete waste of time.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011