Dr. Patricia M. McCoy

Ratings for Dr. Patricia M. McCoy

Perfect outcome from cataract surgery! Very kind and helpful with an ongoing eye issue of my husband's.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Messed up my surgery, is arrogant and haughty. Unbelievable attitudes toward patients in every way. Don't let this woman near your eyes.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

I try to be objective, but Dr. McCoy's staff were training newer staff and using me as a medical "example" without my permission. It would have been professional to request the extra time needed (2 extra hours), but it was assumed I was a patient, therefore, available to them. I truly felt like a number, not a person. I am currently looking for another doctor. If Dr. McCoy is in the top ten, we need a better group to choose from.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

I do not recommend this practice. The staff was disorganized and disrespectful of the patient's time or schedule impacts. At my first appointment I was called in 10 minutes late and my exam was not completed for over an hour. Twice I was left waiting for ten minutes or longer. The only visual acuity measurement was by a young man asking me to read an eye chart. There was no optical refraction exam. When I returned for a test contact lens fitting it quickly became obvious that the correction was not accurate. One of the technicians claimed she had done my refraction check, when the machine had never been in front of my face. Then they attempted a refraction check with the new contact lenses in-place. But my eyes became irritated and tearing made focusing difficult so we had to terminate the test and remove the contacts.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Dr. Patricia M. McCoy's Credentials

• University Alabama Birmingham - School Of Optometry (Grad. 1989)