Ratings for Dr. Melody A. Fortenberry

I've been seeing Melody for years now, and she has been very helpful for me personally! I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

I have a hard time understanding how Melody Fortenberry is taken serious by anyone. Unless you are involved a custody dispute in Dallas and need someone to help you cover up some unpleasant interactions (abuse) with your child, this is not someone that you should consider for any form of help.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2013

Melody has proved to be a loving, smart, and professional counselor. I have recommended her to two other people. All of us continue to see her when needed, with one person still going regularly( this is over a 20 year period). None of us has found it necessary to seek help elsewhere. Need I say more? I'm just worried she might retire someday in the distant future!!!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Melody Fortenberry is absolutely horrible!!! She was biased, un-professional and contributed to the parental alienation my daughters were exhibiting . Her favoritism and lack of professionalism was so apparent the judge, in our custody case, enjoined her from ever seeing our daughters again after four years of being our family therapist. During those four years Melody destroyed my relationship with my daughters. It has taken years to undo her damage. Do not trust her. Do not put your children/s health and well being in her care.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Fortenberry's for over 10 years. She helped me through a very rough time in my life and I don't see her much any more for one MAJOR reason. She did not solve my problems for me rather, she taught me how to resolve things on my own. That, to me, is the characteristic of the best counselor. But, beware. . .she'll make you see things that you may have not wanted to see previously but that's the path to happiness and being able to deal with all that life throw's at you. . .

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011