Ratings for Dr. Joel R. Maust

Dr. Maust is wonderful. Very professional and caring and ALWAYS in the room within 3-5 minutes of the nurse taking me back and taking my vitals. His receptionist on the other hand, is a huge B. She answers the phone extremely rude and it seems to be a HUGE inconvenience anytime you call or walk in. She will put you on hold for literally 5-10 minutes, get back on and say "can you hold" AGAIN, like she forgot you were on the phone waiting for so long already. Any time you go in, she's too busy talking to her co-workers to personably greet you and just points and shoves stuff in your face when you need to sign something. If it wasn't for the convenience of the office, and the Dr. himself, there's NO WAY IN HECK I would continue to go there.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Maust is a very personable and likeable doctor. He has never steered me wrong and if he doesn't know the answer, he will find out. He listens. My family and I have been his patients for over ten years and have no complaints.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

The posting of 2/02/09 is an obvious attempt to maliciously slander Dr. Maust. I work in that clinic and he is RARELY if ever running more than 15 minutes behind schedule, especially right after lunch. We don't even have or use paper gowns. Dr. Maust always talks to his female patients prior to having them change into our cloth gowns so they won't be changed more than 1-2 minutes before their exam. We don't use "tools" for this type of exam. We utilize plastic speculums and there would NEVER be a delay in having these ready for use. Dr. Maust is always accompanied by the female nurse or medical assistant and has never spent a prolonged amount of time on this type of exam. He is very sensitive to his female patients feeling vulnerable during this exam. The receptionists DO NOT call back labs or pap smear results, this is done by the nurse or Dr. Maust by phone or letter. That posting is so full of holes and completely made up and anyone that knows Dr. Maust would know this.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2009

This is the best doctor I have ever seen. I have never felt more comfortable asking questions about my health. He was very informative and made sure all of my questions were answered before moving forward with the appointment. I enjoyed how he tried other solutions before instantly prescribing me medicine and how he truly cared about getting me healthy. His medical staff is way above par. His nurse gives the best shots and has never left a bruise when taking blood. Not only will I go back to Dr. Maust's office, I will and have referred many people to him for their health care needs.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

His receptionist was rude on the phone. She made me feel like I was an inconvenence to her and her day. I got there and had to wait 30 minutes because lunch had run long or something. I was having my anual woman's exam and after a good 20 minutes waiting for him while wearing only a paper vest in a freezing cold office, I was told that it would be another 20 minutes because the tools were not ready. Once he finally got there, he spent an unusually long amount of time between my knees doing his tests. I left quickly, as soon as he was done. Then I got a call a few days later by the same rude receptionist. Apparently they hadn't found any cells of any kind from my PS and for me to come back for more test. NO cells at all? Seriously? So, what exactly was he doing between my knees for so long? I suppose the rude receptionist should have been a warning flag in the first place. I won't go back and I strongly urge you not to go either.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

Dr. Joel R. Maust's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1993)

Top Hospitals in Carrollton, TX