Ratings for Dr. Harold N. Jacobson

Worst experience with a psychiatrist ever. Lost my memory and was overly medicated. Had my dr known i simply went off my ssri and had a shot would he realize the truth instead of testing meds on me like an animal. He prescribes heavy stuff and assumes the worst outcome for everyone. He is a heartless man caring only about his bank accounts. I would give anything to scream at him and tell him he is a mean and terrible human being.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I first went to Dr. Jacobson after losing my Mother among having other traumatic events occur in my life though none as traumatic as losing my Mother as she was also my best friend. I felt as if I had no one to confide in since losing her and felt hopeless and helpless at the same time. Dr. Jacobson listened as well as studied my body language and words to sum up my personality and he did so with amazement. He was right on every point. I am very impressed to say the least. He is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013

Saw this doctor back in 2003 for situational depression in his N. Dallas Tollway office. Very long wait times to see him (one day I waited over 45 minutes). He sounded knowledgeable enough when talking, but terribly arrogant and preoccupied with his brand new leather couch (worried that it might get damaged from use). He was obviously very proud of his boat (photographs abound, displayed his blueprint in the waiting room). He came across as self-absorbed and passive-aggressive, which makes psychotherapy a traumatic experience. He seemed to believe that he worked for the insurance company, rather than the patient. Remarkably, my depression was cured when I fired him. (I wrote a review for this doctor previously, but noticed that all his reviews were removed since then.)

flag | Submitted February 16, 2009

Dr. Harold N. Jacobson's Credentials

• Dalhousie Univ, Fac Of Med, Halifax, Ns, Canada (Grad. 1976)