Ratings for Dr. Gregory A. Taggart

My wife and I have each seen Dr. Taggart a number of times over the past few years and found him to be open, caring, incredibly competent, and responsive. This father of five children even has a sense of humor. He asks and answers questions, performs required tests, and justifies the need for surgery. We have complete confidence in him. In fact, we came to him originally for a second opinion and he convinced us that a more radical surgical procedure recommended by another doctor was dangerous for someone like my wife who has Type I diabetes.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I don't understand all the Dr. Taggart hate I've seen online. I almost have to wonder if they have the wrong guy. My husband and daughter both ended up seriously injured within a day of each other and had to go to Dr. Taggart for care. He had a wonderful disposition, was talkative, funny, smiled a lot, but the best part, he took a great deal of time going over their concerns, talking to them about the details of their injuries and how to proceed. He did my husband's surgery and so far, my husband has had fabulous results. At the hospital, he asked how my daughter was doing and used her name. He sees tons of patients a day, but he clearly remembered us, and he cared. Our follow up visits have been just as wonderful...you can't go wrong with Dr. Taggart!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

This man does does not even deserve the title Doctor. Was very uncaring, never asked questions he should have, talked down to me after me not being able to walk for 3 1/2 weeks. He could have cared less about me. I explained about the extreme pain I've had for 3 1/2 weeks and all he could say was "I do not have a dianosis for you." He did however find the time to whip my sock off my foot to cause EXTREME PAIN! I asked to take the sock off myself. I cannot say I really had an interview with him except for him twisting my foot all over without any questions being asked of me. When he walked into the room I do not believe he introduced himself and never said goodbye. I guess because he felt he could not make any money off me by slicing and dicing my foot open for surgery, I felt like a bag of trash thrown on the side of the road. I recommend everyone stay away from this useless, uncaring doc! HE DOES NOT DESERVE THE TITLE OF BEING A DOCTOR, SO I WILL NOT CALL HIM A DOCTOR. I will be reporting him for sure. I could write a lot more but he does not deserve even these comments. Just a USELESS, ROTTEN TO CORE MAN! HE NEVER SHOULD HAVE BECOME A DOC WITH HIS TERRIBLE BEDSIDE MANNER AND NOT BEING COMPETENT ENOUGH TO EVEN ASK THE PATIENT QUESTIONS THAT ARE VITAL FOR A DIAGNOSIS. Do yourself a favor and move on to a real doctor!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

He was very insensitive about my diagnosis,which I did'n't choose to have. I felt he wasn't taking my thoughts and feelings into account. He said " i want to talk to your psychiatrist before I even talk about doing the carpal tunnel release surgery." he also said that he was very hesitant to even consider it because of a diagnosis that I had. After he said all of that ,he tried to get me to talk to him. I had felt really insulted, I wouldn't even look him in the eyes let alone talk to him. VERY unhelpful

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

Dr. Gregory A. Taggart's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1989)

Top Hospitals in Biddeford, ME