Ratings for Dr. David S. Weingarten

Dr. Weingarten is the worst doctor I have ever seen. He is condescending and dismissive.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

WORST experience I have EVER had with a doctor. I was in tears within minutes of leaving his office after my first two appointments with him. I should have trusted my instincts and walked out during my initial appointment with him. Instead I ended up seeing him three times over three months, and that proved to be a BIG mistake. Dr. Weingarten smirked and rolled his eyes at me during our appointments; he was dismissive of the medical and personal history information I gave him; he refused to renew four out of six prescriptions I have been taking for years, sometimes decades, even though I brought supporting documentation from my previous board-certified internist. He disputed long-standing medical diagnoses and poisoned my medical records with accusations of being an alcoholic and drug addict when neither are true and he did so without any meaningful dialogue with me and without asking probing questions. These are strong actions to take with a person's medical records and history in such a short time -- just three months -- and they have had serious ramifications on my life and future due to situations of which Dr. Weingarten was well aware. I had to go months without medications that greatly impact my quality of life while obtaining new evaluations that merely confirmed the medical information I supplied to Dr. Weingarten. All he really had to do was get on the phone and speak to some of my earlier providers if he had questions or doubts - but he did not take that step. Instead he took the long, tortuous road of requesting prior medical records, which in this case took months to obtain, and not all actually made it. I offered to loan him copies that I have, but he preferred to get them himself. If he would have listened to my descriptions of my current health issues rather than focusing on trying to prove that I do not qualify for disability perhaps he would have taken the time to order some tests -- three visits as a new patient and he didn't order one basic CBC panel. The doctor I began seeing after Weingarten ordered some blood tests after our first discussion which revealed that I have very high gluten sensitivity (perhaps celiac) and extremely low Vit D levels. X-rays documented that the swollen knees and accompanying pain I have is not due to degeneration of the joints, which is very helpful information. My new doctor has also renewed my prior Rx’s and I am finally starting to feel almost the same as I did before ever seeing Weingarten. It's taken months and has cost me dearly in physical, mental, emotional and financial health. I so regret having ever gone to this doctor!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Dr. David S. Weingarten's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1989)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal