You may also like

I had 2 surgeries performed by Dr. Dong Kim for Trigeminal Neuralgia. Upon waking up my whole entire face was dead numb. 3 months post surgery facial nerve was twisting and spinning out of control. I had to check myself to ER because Dr. Dong Kim kept on saying it's nerve regeneration. This painful horrific condition is 24/7 non stop. After one whole year and it did not improved, he wants to redo the surgery thinking the teflon from 1st surgery may slip and irritate another nerve. He did not do any testing like MRI to confirm if this is the case. Me being desperate, I allowed him to redo the surgery. After 2nd MVD surgery, things have gotten worse. The painful twisting, spinning, pulling of facial nerve and muscle now travel from my mouth to entire face to head, back of head. I can feel these violent/aggressive movements everywhere 24/7 with extreme pain. Now he is wiping his hands clean saying I need to go see movement disorder specialist and psychiatrist to help me cope with this. I had a great career, but due to this painful ordeal I am now disable.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

I had PC surgery with Dr Dong Kim and think he is the most amazing man in the world. The entire experience was incredible. This man is miraculous and gave my family and I the best gift of all, my life back!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

Three surgeries for shunt. Revision after revision. When I would have problems 3-4 weeks after surgery could never get into his office in a timely manner. Response was go to the ER. Part of his contract with the hospital must be to abuse the insurance system and patient out of money. When I complained on their website about having to go to the ER 4 times in 2 weeks before they would see me he came into my hospital room and yelled at me and my husband about complaint. Was very concerned about the letters he would have to write to the board do directors to keep his reputation. Can you believe that more concerned about his own appearance to the board than what his patient had to go through. He next fired me as a patient and discharged me from the hospital. I objected to this because my condition had actually worsened since they over adjusted my shunt. His response was it is no longer my problem as I am not your doctor. So left the hospital and was admitted to another hospital.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

Dr. Kim has the best bedside manner that I've ever encountered to date in a dr. He spent his time explaining every detail of my tumor. He explained and drew pictures explaining the craniotomy. Explained to me the possible risks of the surgery. He is a truly talented surgeon with blessed hands. He made me a promise, that I would see my children grow. Thankfully he was right.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

I waited months to get an appt. when it says he specializes in Chiari Malformation & he has video forums which he states the importance of listening to a patient, not just MRI's. I went & he did not listen to what I had to say or look at my pages of symptoms. I won't say more to not be unpolite. But I did have Chiari & another surgeon saved me from being in a wheelchair because I had worse problems than that. I just wish he would adleast have made me feel like a person & not a waste of his time.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

Dr. Dong H. KIM's Credentials

• Spanish

• Pusan Natl Univ, Coll Of Med, Pusan, So Korea (Grad. 1990)

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I had 2 surgeries performed by Dr. Dong Kim for Trigeminal Neuralgia. Upon waking up my whole entire face was dead numb. 3 months post surgery facial nerve was ..."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had PC surgery with Dr Dong Kim and think he is the most amazing man in the world. The entire experience was incredible. This man is miraculous and gave my fa..."

September 21, 2014