Ratings for Dr. Neil S. Levy

My wife and I are looking for a pediatrican for a new baby due in December. Dr. Levy was probably a great Dr. at some point in the past, but he is too old to be practicing now. My son was born in 8-2007. Dr. Levy refused pain medicine for him after he gave him ineffective antibiotics for ear infections. The infection ruptured his ear, and he was rushed to Chilrens hospital for Emergency surgery at Cooks for Mastitis even after I told him the medication wasn't working after 7 days. DO NOT TAKE CHANCES WITH YOUR CHILDREN S LIFE. HE IS JUST TO OLD TO PRACTICE. WEARS EYE GLASSES AND A HEARING AID. HE CAN'T SEE OR HEAR WELL. SIGNS OF DEMENTIA.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012

Dr levy is a sys tr ematic physician! He DOES NOT LISTEN TO ANYTHING and thinks that everybody is ignorant but himself. He only sres your child for pay. He takes NO PRIDE IN TREATING YOYR CHILD. He convinced my wife my 4 yr old was ADD!!!! My sons school and current doctor were blown away when I told them this. THIS DOCTORS IFFICE PUTS THE "GUESS" in GUESSWORK!!!! Horrible Horrible ....... I have many more viable complaints as nd know others that stopped going here as well.....feel free to contact me. Dont put your child well being in their hands for sure

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

Took about one million years to get shot records, since they didn't keep them on file. Always super crowded, the waiting room is like being in a food line in a third world country. Almost like a welfare office in the most crowded city in India.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Talk about running behind apt at 8:45 did not get called untill 10am which made me late for a 10:45 APT. FIRST AND LAST TIME the staff is rude and n the doctor had a white coat that looked as if it had not been washed in months dirty office not child friendly .

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

I can't stand that place! I had really long waits and they were so uncaring with my twins that I wanted to cuss them out right there. I called at least 6 times about one of the girls having reflux so bad it was causing her to choke and cry. I was only allowed to talk to the receptionist who just did not get anything about what I was talking about! I called more crying and saying please let me talk to a nurse so I can get her up there to get checked out. The damn receptionist told me "honey its fine" and not to worry about it. I called again a week later and finally got in only to be ridiculed by Dr. Levy for not getting her in sooner because of the damage that I could have caused her from neglect. Are you kidding me!!! I even told him the story and he asked for her name as if he was going to have something done about the receptionist. In fact lol I remember he looked down the throat of the other twin and I was sitting there with the twin having the problem thinking what are you doing!!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

We have been patients of Dr. Levy for 14 yrs we came in as Medicaid patients I was grateful to him for taking us on as patients because not very many private doctors were taking medicaid at that time/or they had a waiting list. Dr. Levy's vast knowledge saved my sons life when he was 10 yrs old we were visiting our family in a very small town during the visit my son unexpectedly had a seizure. We rushed him to the small town hospital emergancy room and they gave him an exam and said well since your child does not have a fever he is just over tired go ahead and make an appointment with his peditrician when you get back to have him checked out.Dr. Levy examined him and the hospitals records and said he did not trust the doctors diagnosis and he wanted to immed. get us in with a neurologist he knew order a MRI & EEG thank god he did our son was diagnosised with Epilepsy. He is a doctor that tells you like it is his office is busy because he is 1 of the few that will still take medicaid.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

As the father of an adopted son that is covered by Medicaid, I'm very grateful that Dr. Levy takes Medicaid. Going to his office sure beats JPS (Tarrant County public health service)! Given that Medicaid only pays a small percentage of a doctors normal fees, I'm surprised that any doctor anywhere accepts it.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

The entire office is horrible. The staff is rude, you never see Dr. Levy. I have 3 children and have been a patient there for 5 years and can count on 1 hand the number of times we have seen the doctor and not one of the nurses. The office is VERY, VERY dirty. The floors in some of the rooms have holes. Its falling apart. I've seen spit on the floor. I always make sure to roll out fresh paper on the table cus' I don't believe it's changed. I never see old paper in the trash, which would indicate it was changed. They don't wear gloves and hardly ever wash their hands. They have very few toys for the children (none in the waiting area) and what they do have is very dirty. There are 2 seperate rooms, one for sick children and one for wellness checkups but everybody exits the office through the sick room, putting well children at risk. You can tell there is friction between several staff members. Dr. Levy acts as if he hates children and hates his job (when he's actually here. STAY AWAY!!!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2010

Very rude physician and staff; do not expect medical records to be sent in a timely manner. Bad reputation and horrible disposition.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

I must agree with most of the bad reviews. The workers LAUGHED at me when i asked where the office was actually located when on the phone with medicade because his staff could not figure out my information. They were very rude all but one older woman Mary i believe her name was. Dr. Levy actually yelled at my grandmother because she asked a question he said i needed to ask but hell, i'm a 17 year old mother i was learning the ropes ! I did not like the way he handled my duaghter. She was flipped and tossed he was not careful or gentle. We first signed up with him because he was one of my husbands psychians when he was a child he did not like him then either. DO NOT go to Doctor Levy. They are rude, unorganized , and i believe only in it for the money, i do recomend Connie Maileg though that's who we switched too and we are VERY pleased.Also, there were many times we were sitting in the hallway waiting, locked out !

flag | Submitted November 28, 2009

Dr. Neil S. Levy's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1971)