Ratings for Dr. Robert D. Murphy

Dr. Murphy has been kind, compassionate, patient, and above all, knowledgeable. He has something that a lot of pediatricians don't have-decades of experience. He has always been swift to respond, and always puts my child's health and safety before everything else. Though at times the office is busy, it really only affects the visit if you schedule at the last minute. If you can schedule in advance, and ask for the least busy time, it helps immensely. However, they always squeeze us in for an emergency. The staff is kind and helpful, the office is clean and cheerful, (and they just redid the place, including the murals, which really look great). They even have a kid's bathroom with a kid-sized toilet and a low sink, which always makes my younger kids feel very special, since it's "just their size". The nurses are very helpful, they are really thoughtful about the children, they answer questions intelligently, they try to make things fun, and (most importantly to many parents) they give shots kindly and quickly. Their office always has the vaccines we need, and have they are not forceful or intolerant of parents who opt for a slower vaccine schedule. Dr. Murphy does have a lot of patients, but he's popular because he's so good. My whole family will be heartbroken when our kids age out of this fantastic pediatrician.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

please save your family. This doctor has told us that our 2 year old daughter was fine and there was nothing wrong with her for almost a year. He actually said at our last visit why are you here there is nothing I can do for you and your daughter is probably faking it. We ended up in Children's Hospital of Philadelphia with a swollen pancreas and she had to be hospitalized. He has never taking the approach to try and find out what the problem was. Was more interested in telling me how a 2 year old is to attached to her father and she is spoiled. Are you (*&^%$# kidding me? This doctors license should be taking away. Please save your family from possible harm. Run as fast as possible away from this doctor. Keep your family safe.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2013

I have gone to this practice for 15 years - very efficient - quick response, no wait. I have complete confidence in their judgement and advice. They have many years experience

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Excellent doctor for my 2 daughters for the past 17 years-too bad they are both outgrowing him!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2006

have used for my 2 sons for 14 years- practical and efficient- my boys like him and he always gives good advise

flag | Submitted January 28, 2006

Dr. Robert D. Murphy's Credentials

• Vanderbilt Univ Sch Of Med, Nashville Tn 37232 (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in West Long Branch, NJ