Dr. Fareed Elhaj

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Fareed Elhaj

Love Dr. Elhaj. He was easy to communicate with and took time to listen. The electronic checkin was easy and impressive. My only suggation would be to have nurses or lab area that drawers your blood in their office. Lab core was on the 1st floor but was closed for lunch 1 hour. So I have to take time to schedule another day elsewhere. Not convenient for the patient. Being there work is based on that service i anticipated it to be more inclusive like Kelsey Seybold and others in the med center.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2020

I felt heard and seen and taken seriously. I'm glad he's my new doctor.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2020

He is very nice and took time to listen , very professional. I will definitely go back.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2020

I took my adult daughter to see him and he was very rude and arrogant. It seemed like he didn’t want to take the time to explain about what was going on with her health. He rushed us out of there and we decided he never to go see him again.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2019

Does not care about his patients just their money. Saw him in 2016 if he had taken the time to run more test instead of just disregarding me he would have found out I had Hashimoto's Disease. Because of him I waited 2 years until I felt so horrible mentally and physically to be tested and treated by two great doctors. Would not recommend him at all to anyone

flag | Submitted April 2, 2019

Drove for several hours for a 2nd opinion to Dr. Elhaj about my hashimoto's just for the dr to do a quick ultrasound and then told me I didn't need to be on medicine and I just had a fat neck. I went from 140 to over 200 lbs in 4 Months, was lethargic/tired, depressed, no appetite, losing hair, etc... was not happy with the dr or my visit.

Submitted March 7, 2018

Dr Elhaj is a great Doctor.Discontinued me as a patient,because his front desk staff was unresponsive to my needs concerning accurate bulling.I wrote him a letter about his front desk staff rudeness.He canceled me as a patient after 5 years.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

Professional, knowledgeable and patient - friendly. Has significantly improved punctuality over the course of the last three years.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I would recommend Dr. Elhaj to anyone. He is kind and knowledgeable and responsive.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr. Elhaj is the finest physician I have ever had. He always takes adequate time with me on my follow-up visits after successfully treating my thyroid cancer.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Fareed Elhaj's Credentials

Dr. Fareed Elhaj was born in New York but has been a native of Houston from a young age. He completed his undergraduate studies at Rice University with a focus on the medical sciences as well as the humanities and then attended Baylor College of Medicine focusing his training on hormonal disorders. He also completed additional internal medicine training at the rigorous Los Angeles County General Hospital in California. He has a particular interest in international medicine and has spent considerable time during his medical career doing medical volunteer work in West Africa, the Middle East and France. His comprehensive training in thyroid disease which includes additional training in thyroid ultrasound and nuclear medicine techniques were developed while working at several preeminent institutions including Texas Children’s Hospital and MD Anderson Cancer Center. He has additional expertise in all hormonal disorders including osteoporosis, diabetes, pituitary and adrenal disease as well as diseases of the gonadal axis which include ovarian and testosterone-related diseases. He is an active member of the American Thyroid Association, American College of Clinical Endocrinologists, Texas Medical Association and Harris County Medical Society. He also enjoys spending time playing music as well as keeping healthy by jogging, swimming and practicing yoga.

• English

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

• Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
  • Thyroid nodules
  • Pituitary tumors
  • Goiter
  • Graves' disease
  • Hashimoto's disease
  • Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
  • Osteoporosis