Ratings for Dr. Sidney K. Gicheru

“ Everyone was extremely nice and friendly and made me feel at ease. ”

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Bad experience with this doctor and his office trying to schedule appointments. It's all a mess! He's also rude and seems proud, actually quite condescending.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Staff and doctor are all very friendly. Down to earth and relaxed feeling.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Stay away, arrogent without ability. Incompetent. TOO BAD HE IDNT AS GOOD AS HIS STAFF

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Dr. Gicheru did my LASIK surgery 4 yrs ago, that was the BEST DECISION EVER! I don't have to struggle with glasses anymore. I couldn't of been in better hands. I was so nervous but Dr. Gicheru and his staff made my surgery experience great. I'm so grateful with Dr. Gicheru! I would recommend Dr. Gicheru to everyone! He will be our family eye surgeon, my mothers cataract surgery will be done by Dr. Gicheru without a doubt. Thank you Dr. Gicheru, you have made a big change to my life. Your an amazing doctor!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

Dr. Gicheru did my lasik surgery 3 years ago and I have been super grateful! I was really nervous and scared of the day of my procedure but he made me feel very calm and relaxed and reassured me I was in good hands. Since my lasik surgery, its been amazing. No more contacts for me. If anyone is interested in having lasik surgery done I would highly prefer Dr. Gicheru.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

My husband had LASIK with Dr. Gicheru about a year ago and it was the best decision! He couldn't see anything without glasses and he and I have both noticed that his quality of life has improved dramatically with his new vision. The girl that performed the surgical pre testing was efficient and knowledgeable. My husband has pupils that are on the larger side and Dr. Gicheru explained in great detail the risks posed by that. We felt very educated by him as well as his staff who were very helpful in making sure we understood everything and had our prescriptions ready to go. The surgery itself was quick and painless and my husband said Dr. Gicheru had a fantastic bedside manner. Fast forward about a year later and his vision is still amazing! He drives at night with no glasses or contacts. This was a fantastic decision, and we made it just in time as we now have a young child who loves to tug on glasses! I highly recommend Dr. Gicheru and his staff to everyone considering LASIK surgery.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Submitted April 30, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Gicheru for over 5 years. He has done my regular checkups, changed my glasses prescription, performed laser treatments, and cateract surgery. He has been very competent, professional, and a pleasure to work with. I recomend using him.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

I like Dr. Gicheru as my eye doctor; however, his staff is extremely rude and incompetent. His former nurse/assistant, Melissa, was wonderful. . .very helpful and caring. Since she has left, his practice has suffered. I called the office to ask a question about my medication, and I left 3 messages before I received a return call. When I did receive a return, the nurse on the other end was extremely rude to me and made me feel stupid. For this reason, I will not return to Dr. Gicheru's office.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Dr. Sidney K. Gicheru's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1996)