Ratings for Dr. Theresa A. Lafranco

Hello my name is Catherine Kelly. I am unfortunately writing to you because of the outrageous behavior of Dr. Theresa Lafranco, doctor of pediatrics, Milford pa. My daughter has been going to the office for 3 years and only at our recent appt. Was she seen by doctor Lafranco. I had called in October about a bump on my daughters knee, and since we were out of state asked if I should take her to the hospital. They said no, monitor it and then make appt when I returned. I made my appt, brought my daughter in and was seen by Dr Lafranco, who assured me it was probably nothing, but wanted an xray just in case. If the xray showed something, I should have her seen by a orthopedic surgeon. So I took her for blood work and an xray that very day. I was called 3 days later and told that she was fine. There were no markers in her blood and the bone was unaffected. The end , nothing else. 2 weeks later I was called and told they were going to get approval for a mri, despite what the xray and blood work said and I hadn't been to a surgeon yet. I said ok. They then insisted that I get the mri before March 17th as that is when the approval ran out. I said ok . Now once a week I get a call asking about if my 5 year old has had the mri yet. I travel for work and she comes with me , so no, I am not in the state. I thought it best at this point to get a second opinion. Today I received 2 phone calls. One from the nurse again. And a second voice-mail from dr. Lafranco herself. Insisting that since I hadn't gotten the mri, by now, not March 17th yet by a long shot. That she was going to call child services because I was not caring for my daughter. I didn't agree to this course of Treatment, my 5 year old hasn't seen a orthopedic surgeon ( the only one who should be sending me for any further testing ) and I certainly don't stand for threats made my a Drs over voice-mail, to take my child away because I sought a second opinion to hers. She has been removed from duty of my daughter, and I as her mother have every right to seek the proper care for her. She doesn't deserve a medical license if she feels she can threaten and harass parents simply because they don't agree with her. Please handle this situation, I would hate to see it go to higher powers. Catherine Kelly 5709944632

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017