Ratings for Dr. LeeAnn Manthorne

I have been seeing Dr. Manthorne for several years now. She is knowledgeable, asks good questions, and listens well. She correctly diagnosed a problem that another doctor had missed and is very good to recommend a specialist for problems outside her area of expertise. She is also very good in explaining why she wants to do a particular test and will always phone me with the results (something that most physicians have a nurse do for them). I have recommended her to many of my friends.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

I am writing regarding my sister, Retha Sieveking..She was Dr. Manthorne's patient.This Doctor ignored two lumps on my sister's throat.After 7 months my sister sought the advice of a Specialist re: the lumps.She has Lymphoma.and she is in surgery today to remove them in Sylva Hospital.She will need Chemo and possibly Radiation for this CANCER...Dr. Manthorne could have let my sister die, and she still may because this Doctor ignored the obvious signs of CANCER. I think she should lose her license to practice medicine.How many others has she not diagnosed and ended up with cancer ??Think about it, Doc. She has children and family that adore her.My sister is a good woman. She deserved better than you for a Doctor, thats for sure !! Patricia Mcdermott

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

Dr Manthorne is indeed a great doctor as long as you follow everything she says. She will take the time to explain things to you in understandable terms. Now if you are a smoker please do not go to her. She is the most avid non-smoking doctor you will meet and she did refuse to treat a problem I had since she felt it was from smoking. If you are ready to quit however she will do whatever she can to help.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2006

Dr. Manthorne has treated my husband and myself for a year now. She responds quickly to your needs and personally works with you to solve your problem. If she dosen't know the answer to a problem she refers you to someone who can help without hesitation.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2006

50 min. late, office didn't seem too busy. Not friendly, didn't ask many questions, didn't do too much examination. Seemed to hold it against me that in the past I had only gone in when something was wrong (which was ages 24-30, and yes, I only went in when something was wrong, which was twice, and minor at that)

flag | Submitted July 17, 2006

Dr. Manthorne is the very best doctor I've ever been to. She genuinely cares about her patients and enjoys her work. This is obvious in the way she takes her time to get to know her patients and is eager to help in any and every way possible. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2006

Dr. LeeAnn Manthorne's Credentials

• Univ Of New England, Coll Of Osteo Med, Biddeford Me 04005 (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Sylva, NC